6.24.2012

Asian Wedding OOTD & Makeup Look - Red & Black


 Ello ello sweetpeas! Enjoying the weekend? For once I’m actually NOT wailing in despair at the thought of going back to work seeing as next week will be a nice short one for moi. Tis mumma bears birthday tomorrow, she is of course turning 40 again as she has been doing so for the past errmm…few years ;) As a birthday treat the two of us will be heading off to a spa on Thursday for a day of pampering & relaxation, I literally cannot wait! The spa we’re going to is one we went to last year & really enjoyed so we’re both really looking forward to going back. :D
Yesterday saw a successful shopping trip including a pretty new bathing suit from H&M for aforementioned spa trip as well as finally picking up a gorg coral chiffon waterfall dress that I cannot wait to wear, I’ve been seeing them everywhere & held back from buying for some unknown reason but no longer! So pretty & feminine it is! There were lots of other colours available too including a divine mint green & pastel blue…I’m tempted to get more! Eeeep! :-/

You may remember me mentioning that I went to a family wedding recently, it was as usual a fun & food filled affair with plenty of colour as is the norm with Asian weddings ;) Here’s what I decided to wear as well as the makeup look I went for…

This outfit was made for me by an aunt & is one of my favourites, red is definitely one of my favourite colours to wear when it comes to Asian weddings! I especially love the jewelled detailing on the front & decided on my black & gold spiked heels from Dolcis & a gold & ruby antique-y artificial jewellery set to wear with it. 

For my makeup I decided to go for a heavy black smokey eye look, with bronzed cheeks & my usual nude lips…I WILL venture into bright lips one of these days! ;)


Face – Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer, MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC35 & MAC MSF Natural in Medium
Cheeks – Barry M Natural Dazzle Bronzer to contour & Victoria Jackson Bronze Shimmer on cheekbones
Lips – No7 Nude lip liner, Carmex & Sleek True Colour lippie in Naked
Eyes – NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean (applied over entire lid) Black eye shadow from NEXT smokey eye palette (patted on top & smoked out to crease & outer V) MAC Fluidline Blacktrack Gel Eye Liner (along upper lashline, waterline & winged out from the corners) finishing with 17 Maximum Volume Mascara.




Hope you liked the Asian OOTD & FOTD my lovelies! Thanks as always for stopping by! Till next time!


Lotsa love to ya!

 

9 comments:

  1. Nice dress! You look pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aysh! This is gorgeous! You look incredible and your aunt does such beautiful work. I love the color red on you. Take care pretty girl. xoxoxo.

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Sophia my darlin! Red is def one of my favs! Hope you & bump are well me love (been voting every day for ya! *crosses fingers*) xoxo

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS! I got married in a red and gold sari (and divorced in overalls!!!) - you look STUNNING, as always! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* Aaaaah thanks Sarah! WOW did you?! Daaaaaym I bet you rocked that sari, I wanna see piccies! :D xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love the way your eyes look here. What make up did you use for this?

    Speaking of the eyes, I read an article about eyelid tapes and now I'm crazy about trying such a tape. Have you any experience in using it? Is it absolutely safe for my eyes?

    Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way your eyes look! Can you share your secret of making up?

    Speaking of the eyes, after reading about the eyelid tape I'm willing to try this tape, but I'm not sure if it's absolutely safe for my eyes.

    Have you had any experience with the eyelid tape? Is is safe to use?

    Any thoughts and suggestions will be highly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, thanks for your comment! To do a black smokey eye is really easy hence why I love it! All you need is some black gel eye liner or cream eye shadow if you don't have the NYX Jumbo Pencils & apply it all over the lid, then apply the black eye shadow on top, smoking out into the crease & outer V as far as you want to go :) Hope that helps. Umm with regards to the eyelid tape, I'm afraid I've never heard of it hun, so can't help there! Sorry!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo