5.01.2012

NOTD - A Mini Getaway With Models Own Indian Ocean


Ello ello cherubs! How we doing? Happy first of the month to ya! Tis been a bit of a late start to the working week for yours truly as I had a prior engagement with the lovely dentist yesterday…fun times. On Sunday, toothache decided he wanted to come pay visit the nasty little bugger, cue moi crawling to the confines of my bed with plenty of whining (chocolate, always chocolate) & wallowing in self-pity :( Luckily I already had an appointment booked for a check-up so he sorted me out alright, what I didn’t realise was that it would be with the help of two lovely, great big injections which not only numbed up the pain in the most beautiful way (*aaah pretty colours!*) but also proceeded to half paralyse one side of my face. Double fun times. Thankfully I managed to get through the ordeal intact…(did I mention the anesthetic???) Although I did make the slight error of making eye contact with a woman & her child on the way out, so did the thing that one normally does which is smile right? However in my current doped up, paralytic state I think it came out more of a grimace, with a bit of dribble thrown in for extra measure & all I think I succeeded in doing was scaring the bejesus outta the poor lady. She may have covered up her child’s eyes at one point too. Oh well.

  Anyhoos, I’m right as rain now *ahem!* & ready to share with you lovely lot another one of the gorguz new Beetlejuice polish’s that Models Own have recently released! I’ve already shown the stunning Tropical Sun which is definitely my fav out of the 3, however I think this one could be a close runner up! Here is the beautiful Indian Ocean, a divine iridescent baby blue polish with the prettiest pink, lilac & gold shimmers running through it *sigh!* A mini getaway on the nails…
 
Ain’t it just GORG?! It reminds me of sparkly fairies! Especially with the pretty glass fleck finish to it, I think if Tinkerbell was to rock a polish then it would for sure be this baby! It’s also been said to be reminiscent of the sun reflected on tropical waters…hmm I can agree with that, just hand me a colourful cocktail & I am there. As pretty as this polish is it is also INCREDIBLY sheer. This here is actually 3 quite thick coats alone which managed to get me to desired level of opacity, except for the ring finger where I used a white base which as you can see from the pics does bring out the colour a tad more.

 
I’m not bothered by the sheerness of this polish at all as it’s so wonderfully unique & different to anything I own & will become very well used methinks, not just alone but as a layering polish too….ooooh the layering possibilities!! Think it would look stunning over turquoise green & I would love to know how it looks over black! So yeah…me likey…a lot :) I’ve still yet to try the last in the collection which is “Copper Pot”, but it just hasn’t been calling to me as much as the other 2! Hopefully soon…

 Models Own polish’s retail for £5 a pop & are available online & in Boots. Did you purchase any of the new Beetlejuice colours? Which has been your fav?  Thanks for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this colour!! I so need to get it! Ur so right about layering..will look so good on top of other colours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ya must huny! Its so gorgeously unique & will be plenty of fun trying over different colours! :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. OOOOoooohhhh that colour is GORGEYPANTS! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! GORGEYPANTS is EXACTLY how I would describe it as well Sarah, thank you! mwah! xoxo

      Delete
  3. um....this is AMAZING!! it's like the prettiest color *cough* need that in our swap *cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwahaha! It is so pretty right! Aaaaah *wink wink* :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. It is isn't it?! Hehe you MUST get hun! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the nail colour. It's so beautiful and unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you Sherin my lovely! Its divine! :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo