5.31.2012

NOTD - A 'Cath Kidston Touch' Mani With Mavala Madras!


Evening dolls! One more day to go then hey four day weekend! *happy dance* Do you lovelies have anything special planned for the Jubilee weekend? Hopefully the break will be filled with lots of jolly street parties, barbies, afternoon teas & plenty of red, white & blue I’m sure! ;)  I actually have a wedding to attend on Sunday which came around very last minute, so cue panic mode with whole outfit situation! But all’s well as I have something which I think will be suitable, tis an Asian wedding so will be going for plenty of colour with the obligatory heavy eye makeup look :) 
Monday will hopefully see me & a coupla friends on a little road trip to the coast to catch some sun, sea & sand *fingers crossed British weather stays on our side!* Oh & I’m driving…god help us …let’s just say we’ll be hoping & praying that we actually make it to the correct destination :-/ Must remember to hang the prayer beads on rear-view mirror…

Whilst having a sort through the few 1292346123674 photos that I seem to have accumulated on my laptop, I stumbled across this gorguz mani that I had done for me at an event yonks ago that, me being me, of course completely & utterly forgot to blog about! Whenever I see a mani that I love, the blogger in me of course snaps away with the plans to post, but then somehow, conveniently forget…shall put the blame totally with work stress & not memory loss… ;)
 
Big slap on the wrist for me for not blogging about this divine polish sooner as it is just GORG isn’t it?! I had this mani done at an event last year, which was held by Holland & Barrett at The Kensington Roof Gardens in London & which in itself was a lovely event. Not only did we get a look at lots of beauty products that are now stocked in this health food store, some of which I had NO idea, such as Burts Bee’s, Ecotools, Manuka Doctor & more but we were also offered delightful nibbles, back massages & manicures. Was really lovely & I was fortunate to be able to get my nails done in a cute Cath Kidston-esque mani with this stunning nail polish that is Mavala Madras, a polish that I have been trying to hunt down since but with no luck  :( 
There was a vast choice of stunning Mavala shades to choose from, but this one caught my eye as I adore rich red polish’s & this is just that! A really yummy jewel, ruby wine red, just beautiful. Twas my first go with Mavala polish’s too, pretty impressed & def wanting to try more!
 The Cath Kidston touch was the adorable little rose floral design that the manicurist free handed with acrylic paint! I’ve seen a lot of nail art done using acrylic paint so am thinking that next time I pass an art shop, I’m going to have to get me some as I would love to attempt to re-create it! We were generously given a divine Cath Kidston goody bag to take home with us & I thought the mani went perfect with it! :D  
Will continue on my hunt for this gem of a beautiful red, as well as attempt a Cath Kidston mani, perhaps experiment with different colours, the floral design is just so pretty! If you’ve done any Cath Kidston floral manicures I would love to see! :D
Thanks as always for reading darlings! 

Lotsa love to ya!

12 comments:

  1. Love the color & the roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! I am in love with this red! xoxo

      Delete
  2. That polish is just gorgeous, I love those deep berry kind of colours, I'll keep an eye for that one as I'm a big fan of Mavala. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I adore jewel like colours like this one! Need to hunt it down, hope you find it hun! xoxo

      Delete
  3. wow, i thought they would be stickers! so cool that it was done by hand

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know right? And she made it look so easy! Will def be having a go myself, though won't be anywhere near as good! LOL! xoxo

      Delete
  4. that is a cute mani! Glad you found it hehe. I have been trying to get my photos off my computer and onto photobucket to free up storage. Man what a task! Have fun at the wedding and take pics!

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my lovely Sophia! Haha me too ;) Aaaah that's what I had to do as I ran out of space on Blogger! :-/ Long stuff. Aww thanks chica, will do! May do an asian OOTD & FOTD ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. This colour is gorgeous and i LOVE the little flower detail- lucky lady! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhi! Its such a gorguz Red isn't it? :) I def want to give the flower nail art a go! xoxo

      Delete
  6. this is such a pretty colour! im a big fan of reds and berry shades too!
    sabina xxx

    makeupaddict-sabina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely! So glad ya like it too, I NEED to get this polish in my life ASAP! Lol! Hope you & your lovely fam are all well! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo