5.23.2012

Monday, Tuesday...Batiste Day!


Ello ello my beautiful readers & well hey there to you too Summer! I knew you were hiding there somewhere, but not sure I appreciate your timing as I can’t really enjoy you when stuck indoors at work (with no air con may I add *cough*tightwads*cough*) now can I? Let’s just hope you last it out till the weekend then I can go skipping & frolicking happily in the sunshine along with everyone else :D

The words “Today is a Batiste kinda day” are ones that are probably seen tweeted by yours truly quite often. Yes, I am officially a member of the dry shampoo fan club! At first I confess I was a tad dubious of the whole concept but after giving it a whirl myself I am now a happy convert to this fab & innovative little product :)

The purpose of dry shampoo is basically to give your hair that extra boost in between washes, leaving it feeling fresh, clean & revitalized without the need for water. Perfect for this lazy so & so! I’m quite fortunate in that I only need to wash my hair once a week…errrrm, I’d just like to point out that this is necessary otherwise it would just get too weighed down & NOT because I lack in the personal hygiene department *side eye*
But even so, my hair does sometimes get to that “dull, lifeless, in need of freshening up, what are you trying to be, a hobo?!?!” stage in between washes, enter at this point Batiste!
 
The way to use is simple, just give the can a nice, vigorous hippy hippy shake (accompanying music of a suitable beat to help with shaking action is optional) then spray into the roots from a distance of about 30cm (....I MAY have used a ruler... :-/) Now don’t panic when you look back in the mirror & see an image of yourself but aged 50 years looking back at you…your hair is meant to look that white after all that spraying.  At this stage just go in with your fingers & give your noggin a good ol’ massage, distributing the product well into the hair & putting you in a nice, relaxed state of mind at the same time, then just go in with brush & comb through the hair, done! I also like to just tip my hair upside down & brush through that way giving it a bit of extra va va voom volume too :)

There are quite a few dry shampoos on the market but I find myself drawn to the Batiste brand especially, not just because of the divine packaging on the bottles (I am a sucker for pretty packaging!) but also the wide range of lovely fragrances that are now available. So far I’ve tried Wild – a strong & spicy Oriental fragrance, Blush – soft, floral, feminine & very pretty & Tropical which is my fav as it makes my hair smell like coconuts & transporting me straight to the Caribbean! A little holiday in a bottle ;) And Batiste has added a brand new addition to the collection, Lace.
Look at the packaging! Isn’t it divine? And the smell is lovely too, a not too overpowering, elegant & sophisticated pretty fragrance. Batiste is available from a wide range of supermarkets as well as Boots & Superdrug & retails between £2.99 - £4.99 for 200ml or 400ml as well as coming in a cute mini version for £1.53, great for carrying around in your bag on the go! :D

Have you tried Batiste? Which one is your favourite? Thanks as always for reading lovelies!

Lotsa love to ya!


Disclaimer - product was sent to me for my consideration. I am not affiliated with the brand nor paid for this post, this review has been as always my 100% honest opinion! :)

6 comments:

  1. So much love for Batiste dry shampoo! I've been using them for so long now and my favourite is Tropical because it makes me think I'm on holiday haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaay! Tropical is gorguz right? Haha, when I'm craving an escape to a sunny, sandy location, I just spray this can o' gorgeousness & I'm there! ;) lol! xoxo

      Delete
  2. My favourite is Tropical but I would love to try Lace
    ashneexo.blogspot.com (just started :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like Tropical is a favorite with many! :D Yes do try Lace hun, it really is lovely :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love the stuff! Tuesday's would not be the same without it LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Such a life saver product, I love it! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo