5.29.2012

FOTD - An Everyday Smokey Eye Look - 'Nude & Blue'

Aloha my beauts! Enjoying the glorious weather we’ve been bestowed with at last? Finally bonny ol’ England has become re-acquainted with the Sun :D Happy days. After suffering a week of near depression at being stuck at work, watching everyone outside enjoying the rays, ya can be sure that most of the weekend was made in the sunshine! :)
Paid my favourite city that is London another visit on Saturday to spend the day catching up with a lovely friend, throwing in plenty of nom nom food, a pampering mani & a spot of tea & macaroons. Bliss. Really didn’t want the weekend to end! Already waiting in anticipation for the next one, especially due to the fact that it’s an extended four day bank holiday weekend thanks to the Diamond Jubilee! *high five!* Do ya lovelies have anything special planned?

So I’ve not done an FOTD in a while, to be honest I haven’t been giving my eye shadows the love they deserve lately, often going for quick & easy make up looks, with plenty of eye liner of course ;) However when I DO reach for them, this is one of my fav ways of incorporating them in a makeup look, a very quick & light nude Smokey eye with a dash of colour blended & smoked out in to the crease, perfect for day time wear when you want that added extra touch to ordinary makeup. This is the look I tend to go for the most as it’s so quick & effortless & you can literally use any colour you want in the crease! Hope you like!



 Products used:
Garnier Roll On Concealer in Light – over the whole eye area
MAC Studio Finish Concealer NW25 – under eyes, on lids & any blemishes
RMK Foundation shade 102 – applied with fingers & buffed in with kabuki brush
Barry M Natural Dazzle Bronzer – along jawline & contour
BYS Blusher in Coral – apples of the cheeks
Coastal Scents 88 Colour Warm Palette – 3-4 of the nude coloured shadows mixed together & applied to the entire lid, with blue shade added in to the corner crease & blended out in to V
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner – along upper lash line, waterline & winged out
Clinique High Impact Mascara – two coats on upper & lower lashes
MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petting Pink – dabbed on to the lips

 
The RMK foundation is definitely a big love of mine, great coverage yet doesn’t feel heavy on the face at all! I purchased my two Coastal Scents palettes yonks ago, in Warm & Original & they are definitely one of the best purchases I’ve made. Both palettes contain 88 colours for you to have many hours of fun playing around with, the qualities of which are really quite awesome, especially for the price! And psssst…just had a browsey on their website & the palettes are on offer too! :D
This time I opted for blue in the crease, but like I said, you can use any colour you’re in the mood for, or to co-ordinate with your outfit. In the past I’ve done this eye look using purple, green, pink, black & more!
Think I’ll be dusting off the poor, neglected palettes & start having a play around again, I actually have a wedding to attend this Sunday so will have to think up a suitable make up look to go with outfit…

Thanks as always for reading my lovelies! Till next time!  

Lotsa love to ya!










8 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! Are those your real eyelashes?
    Great post!

    xx Sherviii
    www.makeuploveandotherdrugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Sherviii! Hehe yes they are mine :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. ello my bonni last, tryin to enjoy the weather despite all the crap, hope the sun is scorching hot wen u cum down babe x

    pwitty as a petal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ello ello my beaut! Ooooh me to, me too, cannot wait to see ya so's I can give ya a big Aysh squish in person! Mwah! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you my bonnie vonnie! :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. You are so gorgeous - and what KILLER EYELASHES!!! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww blimey Sarah, thank you my sweety! *blushes* xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo