5.10.2012

Catch Up & OOTD - Portobello Road & Pretty Prints...


Hola mis bellas! How’s tricks? Aaaah you know when you get that Friday feeling…on a Thursday? Hmm yes that. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow will fly on by like a jet plane & the weekend will have finally arrived for all our chilling needs :D 

Last weekend my friend & I visited London city for some random adventures involving a pleasant stroll down Portobello Road (my fellow Disney fans…I’m betting you’re singing that song from Bedknobs & Broomsticks like I did aren’t you…AREN’T YOU?!) where we had a lovely time browsing the prettyful jewellery stalls, lovely antiques & some very diva-ish furs which I sadly did not buy…what I DID buy however has me absolutely squealing with delight every time I gaze upon them…yes they ARE shoes…you may have seen me tweet them if you follow me on there but oh I can’t wait to share them with you lovelies & I WILL do so…as soon as I can find the pic that I know is on this computer somewhere…*cough* Sadly we only made it halfway (I mean, it is a VERY long road) before our bellies began demands to be fed, so we found a little Malaysian café Makan which at first looks to be a bit of a greasy spoon but oh my gosh the food was fab! I won’t even attempt to repeat what the dish I had was called, not that I’ve forgotten what it was called you understand, I mean I just wouldn’t want to pronounce it wrong…but it involved lots of noodles & chicken & was damn delicious! 
                                 NOM NOM NOM-INESS!! (NOT WHAT IT WAS CALLED THOUGH...)

After our bellies were satisfied we made our way back up Portobello Road where aforementioned shoe purchase was made, a little time in a Moroccan treasure trove was spent, with a mini pilgrimage to the Hummingbird Bakery thrown in too. We ended the day in one of our favourite of places that is Harrods for a bit o’ tea & scones & of course the inevitable prowl through the glorious make up halls where my friend picked up some Estee Lauder goodies & I purchased my first Paul & Joe polish! I blame Chelle for this entirely…the cheeky little enabler, but I’m glad she did ;D  All in all...a good day.

                                                                    I THINK WE MIGHT BE LOST....
                                                              I HEART TEAPOTS...WHO DOESN'T?!
                                   RUB-A-DUB-DUB...ANYONE HOME?...I GUESS NOT *SIGH*

  Here’s what I wore on the day, this top was an immediate purchase the moment I saw it in Matalan, not only did I fall in love with the colour & the glorious print, but the bat-winged sleeves just completed me! As the Sun appears to be on vacation at the moment I just threw on a cardi & my Reiss jacket to keep me warm! (first pic) Needs must.

                                         Top - Matalan, Trousers - River Island, Shoes- Clarks

 And of course a little accessorisation cannot be neglected…

                                  Turquoise Stone Necklace - Boots, Earrings - Accessorize

 
Thanks as always for reading my lovelies! Hope you’re all having a good week. Catch up with ya all soon!

Lots of love to ya!


            












 












8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day out :). When I first visited Portobello Road I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't like the movie. I wanted the old dusty books and Bruce Forsyth! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I did Tass thanks my love! Haha aaaah I know what you mean! Kept on expecting (wishing with all my heart) someone would jump in the middle of the street & begin an awesome musical number & perhaps ask moi to join...it happened in my head & for now that's enough :) xoxix

      Delete
  2. Just about my fave place in the world! Lunch looks delicious. Great pics! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thinks its definitely becoming mine Sarah! Plan to return & make the WHOLE way down nest time ;) Thank you lovely angel! xoxo

      Delete
  3. haha I love teapots, well tea, too! I've been addicted to matcha lately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee me too! And the more outrageous the pattern the better :D Oooh my brother drinks that, he tries to tempt me over to it but I'm not quite ready to let go of my PG Tips! :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. Looks like you took a trip to heaven. the food, the scenery, the tea pots. Ill have to check this place out one day in my lifetime. thanks for sharing.

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaah its was Sophia my lovely...ESPECIALLY the tea pots :D Although the food was a close runner up. Oh yes you must, you must my dear & when you come down to my neck of the woods (which you WILL one day, this must happen!) we will go teapot shopping together ;) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo