4.06.2012

NOTD - Hot Cross Bun Easter Manicure! :)

Evening my lovely readers & Happy Easter to ya all! Have you all had a Good Friday?? *witty laugh* And can I get a woohoo for the four day weekend! Boom! Well, technically 3 and a half for moi but still…it’s longer than the normal 2 so I’m a happy bunny…speaking of, hope our dear friend the good ol’ Easter Bunny bought you lotsa treats to nomnomnom! :D Am definitely feeling a muchos satisfying sugar buzz myself right now ;)

I knew for sure that I wanted to do an Easter inspired mani but for the life of me just couldn’t decide on what to do! Of course the obvious design idea would be eggs I guess but dolls?? Call me a useless git but it turns out that eggs are PRETTY darn hard to do/draw as nail art! For me anyhoos… :-/ So there I was, sat with my cup o’ java & obligatory apple hot cross bun, munching away waiting for inspiration to strike, when I look down at what was in my hand & BAM! There it was! Hot Cross Bun nails! :D Trust me to find inspiration in food….
What do ya think? At first I wasn’t too sure but I’m actually pretty pleased with how they came out! Once I had decided to transfer this muchos delicious hot cross bun on to my nails, I went a-running to my polishes to gather the suitable colours to create these yummy treats…
I first applied two coats of Nails Inc Caramel, a lovely creamy beige nude polish that reminds me of fudge! NOM! This was one of the polishes from when Nails Inc did their fab Diet Coke collaboration so was limited addition unfortunately, but I’m sure there are equally great dupes out there! 
To give my hot cross buns a nice & lightly toasted look to them I then sponged on a little Milani Brown-A-Licious, a pretty shimmery brown shade that my lovely friend Annabella sent me, thank you sweety! :D  I think I need to work on my sponging technique though…
Next up were the plump & juicy raisons which could also pass as chocolate chips too I suppose! For these I used Deliciously Dark by Rimmel, a gorgeous deep dark purple which I dotted on using a hair bobby pin.
And finally for the statement cross I used Snowflake by No7, a really nice, creamy white which I painted on using an art brush.
Finished with a thick coat of my fav No 7 Stay Perfect topcoat to seal & that was it! Done! Have to say, I had a hard time of it looking at my nails today without getting hungry… ;) 
Hope you like it my lovelies! Thanks as always for reading beauts, have you done an Easter inspired mani? Would love to know what design you’ve gone for this year!

Lotsa love to ya!

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS MANI HUN!!! Soooooo adorable and it makes me craves hot cross buns now hehe. You did a fabulous job - the sponging looks awesome! The Nails Inc is such a gorgeous colour. It does look exactly like fudge! Too bad it's limited edition =(

    Have a fan Easter! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you my lovely! So glad you like it! Haha was a bit worried with how it would turn out, but I'm pretty pleased! Aww you're such a sweety, wasn't sure the sponging looked right? Caramel is really lovely, but I'm positive that there's a dupe out there doll, will get to hunting! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you so much hun! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. They are so cool! All I've saw is people do Easter egg nails which I've saw lots of times so it's nice to see something a little different yet 'Eastery'. Going to try this even though I don't celebrate Easter, ah well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww that's so nice of you huny, thank you! Glad you like & yes deffo give em a go! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love the Easter inspired nails. Hot cross buns are my favourite, and you did a great job on the mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks so much Sherin! Hehe mine too! Only the apple ones though...they are just too amazing for words... ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. This is such an amazing idea! I love hot cross buns but would never think of hot cross bun nail art! Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much for the lovely comment Claire! Haha its amazing where you can find inspiration! :) xoxo

      Delete
  6. so cute! makes me feel like hot cross buns haha. I did a mini eggs inspired mani in pastel colours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaa thanks Meg! Lol, I've been craving them constantly whilst wearing this mani! Ooooh a mini eggs inspired pastel mani sounds looooveerly hun! :D xoxo

      Delete
  7. I actually love this! Totally reflected your mood for apple hot cross buns, haha! Love you ma cherie. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Well I couldn't get hold of them that day so had to get my fix somehow! Lol! Aww thank you my lima bean, love ya more! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo