4.24.2012

NOTD - Flower Power with O.P.I Smok'n In Havana

Hello there my loves! Hope you’re all having a delightful week so far? Despite the most UN-delightful weather that is…yes April Showers are in full throttle here in good ol’ England. Currently tucked up in bed with a cuppa & good movie, the best thing to do in this kinda weather methinks ;) Tonight’s choice… A Knights Tale, definitely up there as one of my favs! Plus it has the amazing late Heath Ledger in it…*sigh* such an incredible actor he was, truly sad he is no longer with us :( 

Now, I’m sure you know by now that I am a…err "liker"…you might say of the nail polish? An insanely over obsessed addict some have said. However as much as I absolutely adore these little bottles of beautifulness, I have a little confession to make. I actually own only 2 bottles of what is quite probably the most popular & well known polish brand in the world, O.P.I…& even those were not purchased by me! *hangs head in shame* I don’t know what it is, as awesome as many of the collections have been, I’ve never actually taken the leap & purchased, having found other & slightly cheaper dupes? However this is something that this pitiful excuse of a nail polish addict plans on changing for sure! A sort of life's pursuit if you will... ;)

Today I have ONE of the two O.P.I’s that I own to share with you, this one was kindly sent to me by my lovely sister across the pond Vonnie in a makeup swap, thanks doll! I actually did this mani yonks ago & have only just gotten around to blogging about it! (What’s new Aysh) Apologies in advance for the god awful pics my dears, I did this mani in the evening were the light was dull, dull, super dull! But did my best to try & capture! Here we have the smoking hot Smok’n In Havana, a deep, brick red with the most delightful golden shimmer running through it giving it an almost burnt orange edge. 
Smok’n In Havana was originally part of the O.P.I’s Caribbean collection from 1997 but is now part of the O.P.I Classics.  I like to think of this as one of my more “grown up” shades, definitely pretty, especially with the bronze gold shimmer to it. However I did want to jazz it up a tad more so did my fav thing of adding a few nail stickers, giving the mani a hippy flower power touch! :D Peace baby…

What do you think? Do you own this shade? What’s your favourite O.P.I polish? I guess I’ll need recs to continue my O.P.I journey! ;) Thanks for reading dolls!

Lotsa love to ya!



12 comments:

  1. I love the shade, very classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Clare, I think so too! Def more "grown up" ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hey Aysh. I do like this colour. My mom has quite a few OPI Nail polishes, one of her(and mine) favourites was Italian Love Affair. I think they still do it, but have changed it slightly. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sara :) Thanks for commenting! Aww thank you for the recommendation, I shall have a looky! :D xoxo

      Delete
  3. I only have one OPI polish and it's the white one. I used it all the time for nail art. I'm a nail biter so thats why Ive never invested in good polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I wanna see some more of your nail art girl! :D Haha! Phew! So I'm not alone then! ;) Nail biting isn't a problemo for me...I just have rubbish nails that refuse to grow! :-/ lol! xoxo

      Delete
  4. GORGEOUS colour - so pretty! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Sarah! Glad you like it too! :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. If only I could paint my nails without it looking like a complete mess! :)
    Followed you :) follow back?

    www.our-baby-blog.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hun! :) Oh I used to be rubbish at painting my nails! Err I still am I think! Lol! Just keep practicing, that's the best thing :) xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love that colour. Orange reds are my fave! Can't go wrong with OPI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faye! Thank you! I am definitely working on getting more OPI's in my collection :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo