4.08.2012

Make Up Haul! Bourjois Boutique Beauty Buys...

Ello ello sweetpeas! How are we all doing? Reached that most awesome chocolate induced coma stage yet comme moi??? Aaaah fret not, just keep on having at all those yummy treats the Easter bunny delivered & you’ll be there joining me soon too…tis a good feeling, happy times ;) Anyhoos hope you’re all enjoying this lovely bank holiday Easter break.
 In other news, yours truly partook in a spot of baking yesterday, deciding on the spur of the moment to unleash the inner Fanny Cradock & hey…the kitchen is still intact! At the end of it came out some, if I do say so myself, pretty scrum-diddly-umptious Lemon Drizzle cupcakes! BOOM! Went down a hit they did with the fam, hell even the cat liked them! & she can be VERY critical. I really would like to bake more, not only is it enjoyable but quite therapeutic too! My bestie bought me an amazing book filled with an assortment of cupcake recipes for me to work my way through so there’s no stopping me now! ;)

You may remember dolls I blogged about the Bourjois Boutique I visited during London Fashion Week a while back? Well whilst there I did a cheeky yet very satisfying makeup haul, with the products at 65% off it would have been muchos rude not to non?? I confess I’ve always adored the look of Bourjois products, with their lovely Parisian look & prettyful packaging; however I have had a bit of a hit & miss experience. I mean I absolutely love the foundations, being a big fan of the 10 Hour Sleep & Healthy Mix Foundations, both of which I currently use. But I've also tried a couple of their blushes a while back in the shades Rose D’Or & Ambre D’Or, which ARE lovely, however the pigmentation of them is terrible & I still have to regularly score them on the surface to get a strong colour to come through. But I think this is because of the old formula which has since been improved? Anyways, I digress slightly but I thought I’d share with ya lovelies today the bits & bobs I picked up :)
Firstly we were kindly given these lovely little goody bags to take home with us that contained a few treats including a foaming cleansing cream which was a nice surprise as I didn’t even know Bourjois DID cleansers! I’ve tried it & it is lovely, with a subtle rose like fragrance & did the job of removing my makeup well. The only frustrating thing is I can’t seem to find it anywhere! Have checked the website but came up nada…but I'll have a browse when next in Boots.  Also included in the goody bag where a coupla cute little glosses, a compact mirror that lights up most awesomely & a prettyful eye shadow in shade 92 Gris Paillettes, a dark grey with glitter sparkles.
After having a looky through all the lovely looking makeup on display, these are the products I decided on grabbing & bringing home with moi... :)
First up, nail polishes!! OBVIOUSLY ;) Needless to say it was the polishes I made a beeline for straight away & very excitedly as I’ve never tried Bourjois polishes before. I’ve heard a lot of good things about So Laque polishes, which retail for £5.99, so I’m looking forward to trying! The colours I chose are 42 Orange Creation & 22 Rouge Diva
Next I grabbed the bronzer that’s been on my wishlist for a while now, the yummy Delice De Poudre (£6.99) Bourjois cult fav bronzer, & well known for its gorguz chocolate scent! It even looks like chocolate! That alone makes it a winner for me ;) I immediately picked the darker shade 52, however the kind MUA advised I go for shade 51, which creates a subtle bronzey glow without looking too much :)
Willing to give them another go, I couldn’t resist picking a pretty blush! After swatching I could definitely tell that the formula was improved as the pigmentation was a lot better on these plus they have the loveliest sweet fragrance! The shade I opted for was 95 Rose De Jaspe, a really lovely mauve-y Rose shade with a subtle shimmer. The Little Round Pot blushers retail for £7.49.
Being the eye liner addict I am I couldn’t resist picking up a couple! Firstly, I have absolutely been LOOOOVING felt tip eyeliners! They are just fab, so easy to use & create the perfect cat eye flick. This one by Bourjois, Liner Feutre in Ultra Black is absolutely fantastic; I’ve been using it every day for work as it’s so quick & easy to apply, a brilliantly pigmented black, plus lasts 24 hours…really! I’d forgotten to take off my makeup one evening (ooopsie) & when I woke the next day the liner had not budged! Will definitely be re-purchasing (£6.99) The other liner that caught my eye was this stunning looking metallic Contour Clubbing Waterproof liner in shade 45 Bue Remix, a stunning & gorgeously pigmented teal shade that really stands out. The texture of it is really nice & smooth too, can’t wait to use this for a night out look.
Finally, I also picked up the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in shade 55 Dark Beige, which I haven’t yet tried but looking forward to seeing how it differs from the old one. Heard a lot of good things though so will keep ya posted dolls! Same goes with the Volumizer Mascara! 

Overall, I’m super happy with my hauling! Bourjois products really are a great high street brand, with some fab quality products, especially now with a lot of their new formulas & are available to purchase in most Boots & Superdrugs. Have you tried any of these products? What did you think? Any other recs??
Thanks as always for reading chucks! Till next time! 

Lotsa love to ya!

       

12 comments:

  1. I love the bronzer, it's a fab product. The only problem is the surface can go hard after a while and you need to scrape the top layer off. I just picked up the original Healthy Mix foundation as I was told it's better for oilier skin. I'm looking forward to a review on the serum version! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks for the tip hun, can't wait to try the bronzer! Definitely agree that the Healthy Mix foundation is better for oilier skin as I find it has a slightly more powdery finish to the 10 Hour Sleep Effect? I actually mix the both together & it works perfect for me! Will let ya know how I get on with the new serum version too! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So Laque Polishes are da' bomb! I love the big brush and they dry so quickly too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sound fantastic! I decided to be a bit adventurous so opted for the daring orange one hehe! Quick drying is muchos gooooood! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hiii!! New followeeer <3
    I love Bourjois' products!! Are very nice! I'm in love with pink shade *-*
    Check my blog if u want and have a nice daaay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie! Aww thank you so much :) The blusher is such a lovely shade of pink, so pretty! :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. i want to try the bronzer that is in the chocolate packaging it looks like a perfect shade for me!

    http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! You must get it, if only for the smell! Yummy chocolate...*drools* ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. I looooooooove bourjois! You have to tell me what you think of the foundation, yes?! Heard some great things about the foundations.

    Really want to try the bronzer too! It looks delish ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five* Loving Bourjois a lot more! Of course my love I will do! Will probably do a post on the foundations alone including the new one :) & yes, you NEED this bronzer in your life baby! :) xoxo

      Delete
  6. So jealous of all your bits!!! I bought that pen eyeliner from them and I really hope you have better luck with it than me! After a day it went totally dry and I have to keep running it under water to get it to work! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello my lovely! Oh no, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with yours! Maybe it was a faulty one? Has happened to me before, but this one is really great, def give it another go hun! Miss you! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo