4.13.2012

FOTD - Butter Pecan...

Evening lovelies & Happy Friday...the 13th!! Oooooh! Any most unusual happenings go on in your day today? I guess I should be grateful to report that today was pretty uneventful for moi & just your bog standard average working day really, unless you can count the fact that my eye liner just didn’t want to co-operate with me this morning & kept on going on all kinds of wonky! But I guess we all have good makeup days & bad make up days…well let’s just say this wasn’t the best of ones & a lot of people at work were left wondering why this Alice Cooper wannabe had arrived in to their midst… :-/

I haven’t done an FOTD in a while & this is one that I really wanted to share with you lovelies as it was done using mainly one product, you know, one of those fab makeup products that has a multitude of uses? Aren’t they just the bestest? :) The product in question is the fab ELF Duo Eye Shadow Cream in Butter Pecan, a lovely compact cream shadow that consists of a light golden apricot shade in one half & a dark brown caramel shade in the other. I’d seen this little beauty pop up on a few blogs where it was used not just as an eye shadow but also as a blush, highlighter, contour & lip colour too! Not only does it work perfectly in all these ways but it’s also a mega bargain too at the most awesome price of £1.50! I had to use a product image as…well…err mine has had quite a bit of usage & just wasn’t in the best of condition to photograph! Sorry! 
                                                                                 Source - Google Images

Here I used the Butter Pecan Duo on the eyes as well as the cheeks too :)
For foundation I used Garniers BB Cream of which I had a few samples of & loved! Am definitely feeling the BB Cream hype! I then applied the lighter shade of the Butter Pecan Duo on to the lid using my ring finger then adding the darker shade on the outer V blending out.  For the cheeks I applied the dark brown shade to contour lightly, blended the two shades together as a blush on the apples then just applied the light golden shade on top the cheekbones to highlight. It works absolutely fabulously in both ways; however it can crease on the lids if applied too heavily. Definitely worth it though for such a fab price & you can always set it with powder!
In keeping with the nude/brown look I decided to mix things up a tad & go for brown mascara instead of the usual black! This was a coupla coats of Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara that I found on one of my bargain hunting ventures in Poundland, love it & very impressed! Finally, I lined the eyes with a bit of Kajal khol on the waterline & used a golden bronze cream eyeshadow by Be Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful (a fab makeup shop which sadly closed down!) & comes with a nifty pointed brush to create a flick in the corners. A bit of Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Naked on the lips with No7 Nude lip liner & that’s it done! A quick, easy makeup look with minimal products :) The Butter Pecan Eye Shadow Duo is definitely a fav of mine which will be re-purchased for sure! Speaking of…have recently partook in a little ELF haul of which I’m very looking forward to receiving! Deffo feeling the ELF love…

Thanks for stopping by angels! Have you ever tried any ELF products? Which are your fav & recs? Let me know!

Lotsa love to ya!

8 comments:

  1. I have a few of these cream duo pots and realy love them! They're a nice consistency and like you say, can be used a number of ways.

    Lovely look :) xxx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get some more now! The olive one looks lovely :) I do love me a multi-purpose product :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. i loveeee the eye shadow, your blog is just so lovely, keep up the good work, ill be visiting again very soon :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww what a lovely thing to say, thank you so much huny! So glad you like! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. liking the wing color! great look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vonnie me lovely! :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm not going to tell you that you look gorgeous, I've told you before. But girl, your lashes... They're to die for! Too long and too pretty!
    My fave elf product is their bronzer/blusher duo. It is luuuurve!
    Have a happy happy day!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww sweety! *blushes* Thank you so much for your lovely comment darling! Ooooh yes, I've heard of this bronzer/blusher duo! Wasn't this one of the products in your bag?? lol! Shall put that on my "must try" list! Thanks babe & same to you!! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo