3.04.2012

NOTD - A Risky Red... :D

Hola my bellas! Aaaaaah Sunday’s, the day of rest…aren’t they just awesome? Had some plans on heading out today, maybe for a lazy pub lunch somewhere, but the moment I woke up & took a peek out the window….hello greyness! Well it didn’t really take long to decide on making the mad dash back to the warm & cosy bed & pretty much staying there for the day…good decision :) Plus I’ve decided that plenty of bed rest is needed after getting my new piercing yesterday ;) Hehe! Yup! Taking the bestie along with me, I went & got the double helix piercing I’ve been wanting for yonks :D I had actually wanted a triple helix (the outer part of the ear by the way) but well you see, my head is what ya might say, smaller than the average person’s head, so after the lovely lady who was doing the piercings finished the first two, we had a looky & decided that the three might be too much for my little ears ;) But I am muchos happy with them! :D

Just a quickie NOTD post for ya my lovelies today! Now you can’t go wrong with a classic red nail can you? Beautiful, sophisticated & suitable for pretty much any occasion, I do love me a red mani.  So I wanted to show you all the gorguz “Risky Red”my current favourite red at the moment, from the Boots makeup brand 17 & which I actually got in a free gift after purchasing two of their products a while back. This is one of the things I LOVE about this brand, the great dealios they have every now again, so next time you’re in Boots, it’s definitely worth having a looky! In this case, the offer was if you purchased two 17 products, you received a cutesy little makeup bag containing a mini nail file & three 17 polish’s including this stunning red, “Nightshade” (glossy black) & a glitter topcoat for free! The two products I chose were polish’s also (surprise, surprise!) so in the end got 5 polishes for the price of 2! Happy days!  
I opted for these two gorguz pastel-y shades, “Catwalk Couture” which is a beautiful pale blue with a subtle shimmer running through it & “Woo Me”, a prettyful lilac shade :) Can’t wait to try them!
 
“Risky Red” is definitely a red that delivers! The perfect, in your face, fire engine red, it is seriously gorguz & I received a lot of comments when wearing this shade asking what it was. Was in a bit of a rush so only managed to snap one pic rather than the usual 10,000 I normally do, so sorry about that :-/  Believe it or not this here was just one coat & I am a religious two coater! I also used a coat of the glitter topcoat to finish to add a subtle sparkle to it :D

17 polish’s are available from Boots & retail for just £2.99, bargains! :D Have you tried any of the 17 polish's? Thanks for reading my lovelies, till next time! 

Lotsa love to ya!

14 comments:

  1. Oh it is so grim outside woman! I was going to go out a a looooooong bike ride on poppy. DAMN YOU RAIN!!!

    Lady, the red colour is fabulous! Looks very sexy indeed. Can't wait for you to a NOTD on the other shades, espesh the blue one ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just? Oh noooo poor neglected Poppy! Oh well, Summer is only around the corner! Aaaah thanks babe, will deff get to work on trying those other beauties out! :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ah I got that little black/red/glitter polish set the other week, it was such a bargain for £1.50 I thought they were selling them off as they'd been a previous free gift but they must have been new ones come in and store got confused! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaa did you?! Lucky you, what a fab price, so bargainous! :D xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow that is such a vibrant red, I love it! Can't believe that's only one coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww agree, its such a vibrant pretty red! And was even more happily surprised how opaque it was with just one coat, awesome! xoxo

      Delete
  4. That red is amazing! And so sexy! :) Hope your ok babe! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweety! You must get it, its so pretty :) Aww I'm doing well thanks my lovely, hope you are too! We need to arrange something soon xoxo

      Delete
  5. I want to see a picture of that piercing - does your mum approve? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha she LOOOOOVED it Mrs A! :D (by the way...I miss you *sad face*) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo