3.26.2012

Beauty Bargains To Be Found In The Land Of The Pound... ;D

Ello ello me lovely readers! How the devil are ya? Aaah it does feel good to be sat down with the lappy top & blogging, I’ve neglected it muchly this past week! If you follow me on Twitter you’ll know that I’m currently enjoying a hell of a lot of lovely overtime at work right now which has been leaving me so shattered come evening time that even eating requires a gigantic effort…still manage to get that task done though, never fear ;) I swear I spotted some new & most unwelcome white hairs on my noggin this morning (ahem…I mean SILVER hairs…dunno why that sounds better but it just does) But hey, at least the pay packet next month will make it all worthwhile! Then I’ll be able to go get the hairs done (take that silver hairs!)…happy days. Speaking of, I think the time may have come to say bye bye to the ombre hair…for now at least. Love them muchly I do, but lately it’s been making my hair look very dry & weak no matter how many oils/treatments I apply! So I’ve been thinking of maybe chucking an all over colour on it…perhaps chocolate brown or something like along those lines? Let’s see shall we :)

Kinda excited about this haul post I’ve got to share with you lovelies! We all love a good bargain don’t we? I know I certainly do, especially when said bargain is beauty/makeup related! Recently I’ve stumbled across some fab beauty bargains, mostly of the polish variety, that I wanted to share with you my fellow beauty lovers ;D
                      L -R - Shocker, Metallic Green, Metallic Blue, Metallic Purple, Jewel Tone

First up are these absolutely yummy-licious polishes by the brand LA COLORS that I found on a trip to Staines shopping centre in a delightful little store called Beauty Base. The moment I walked in I had an almost seizure, as in front of me was row upon row of these beautiful polish’s in a spectrum of colours & the best thing of all? The sign in front of them declaring them all 99p each!!!! Yes! :D Had a hard time restraining myself I can tell you ;) But control myself I did & managed to come away with five lovely new polishes to try. Quite OPI like in appearance, the bottles are definitely generous in size! My weakness for foils & glitter is clearly evident in the ones I picked, but I guess the big test will be in application! NOTD’s with these babies to come & FYI…that glitter one on the end…??? The words “friggin” & “amazing” come to mind… ;)

The other place which I discovered to be a dark horse of beauty bargains is that wonderful beacon of value priced goods, a must have for all high streets in every town...POUNDLAND! Kid you I most certainly do not ;) Whilst making a quick dash in to grab a few packets of 100 Foam Party Cups, not for a party might I add, but for work as we are all just too darn lazy to use actual mugs for our tea & wash them after *side eye* my eye was of course immediately drawn to the makeup stand. First of all, I had no idea Poundland even DID makeup, but what I found there was even better!
A pretty Sally Hansen Diamond Strength polish in shade "Love In Bloom" which is a brand I haven’t had an easy time of getting hold of here plus a Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara! Then just when I thought it couldn’t get better, my eyes spotted these babies…
Revlon polish’s! Eeeee! I absolutely adore Revlon nail enamels, always finding their quality & colours fab & if I’m right in guessing they normally retail for about £6-£7 non? Well here were these absolute beauts for just a pound each…I think I may have had tears in my eyes at this stage…
                L-R -Touch of Mauve, Gold Get Em, Cloud, Peach Nectar, Ruby Ribbon

Now with these I DID have a hard time with the whole err self-control thing…how could I not?! ;) But very happy I am, not just with the colours I grabbed, perfect for the upcoming summer months but of course discovering this new found place for beauty bargain hunting! BOOM! :D

So next time you're in Poundland, have a wonder over to the makeup stand, ya never know what bargainous beauties you might find in there...

Have you acquired any fab bargains lately? Thanks for reading dolls! Till next time!

Lotsa love to ya!

  

11 comments:

  1. OMG!!! which poundland is this? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Tis a little one in my towns high street :D Was so happy to discover this new place for nail polish bargains! xoxo

      Delete
  2. oh my god, you picked up some great bargains! definitely love a good poundland hunt, so many things on the cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! Haha you can be sure I shall be making a regular pilgrimage to my local Poundland now for sure! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul lovely!! Wow those LA Colors look fantastic =D And it was all so cheap! Revlon polishes are so overpriced outside of Aus doh.

    Enjoy your haul!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Chelle me lovely! Do you have anything like Pound shops over there? Make sure you hunt down those LA Colors! They are to die for :) Hehe thanks angel! xoxo

      Delete
  4. bargain or what!! lady im running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaaaaah!! This is the best kind of haul, isn't it? Lucky lucky you! They all look fantastic! I have not gone shopping yet (for quite some time to be honest) but fingers crossed, I'll find some bargains as well when I do go!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ria! Thanks so much sweets! Ooooh fingers crossed for you on finding lotsa lovely bargains too! :D xoxo

      Delete
  6. Great polishes! I got a lovely glitter revlon I was delighted with it :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo