2.13.2012

NOTD - Having Fun With Fimo....Florals & Fruit!

Hey there me lovelies :) Did you all have a nice weekend? Hope so! Brrrrrr but haven't you also had enough of this cold yet & then some??! I want some Sun pretty please & thank you! Though I’m surprised at myself for saying this as whenever Summer does eventually come around every year, guess who’s the first to start complaining about not being able to cope in the sweltering heat….? Yeeeah, yours truly. Hmm, I guess the conclusion of all this is that I am obviously a fan of the Spring time season, just the right mix of cool breeze & sunshine…bliss. Can’t wait ;D
For the time being however I thought I’d brighten things up for now in my fav way…with a mani! Why not? Who knows, if my nails are bright enough, it might coax the Sun out a teensy bit? ;)  *puts on shades*
Watchya think? Bright enough? ;) Hehe! For this mani I decided to finally have a play around with some of the fimo sticks that my lovely friend Chelle sent me a while back to try out. I’d seen her fabulous nail posts using fimo pieces & they just looked amazing, so couldn’t wait to give it a whirl! This is how they come & can be purchased from Ebay :)
I had to slice them of course, which was a little tricky at first! I mean I didn’t want them too thick or too thin either, but after a few hit & misses (more misses than hits admittedly) I think I got the hang of it okay :D For this mani I used the pretty flower fimo stick as well as a circular pink & white striped one that kinda reminds me of rhubarb & custard! 
I needed a suitably bright base for the mani of course so the nail polish I went for was a shade by No7 called “Pink Grapefruit”, a truly lovely, vibrant coral-y pink gloss. Just beautiful! I used two coats of this, and then whilst the second coat was wet, applied one flower & one rhubarb & custard to each nail using a tooth pick dipped in a bit of clear polish to grab & place the pieces on the nail. Once in place, just a slick of your fav topcoat (mines still the No7!) to keep the pieces in place & you’re done! You can probably see a bit of glitter on there too, well the next day I stumbled across some glitter eyeliner & decided to just add a few swipes of that over the mani too for an added sparkle! Boom! :D
I just love the 3dDeffect the fimo gives the finished mani, really eye catching & I did receive lots of lovely comments whilst wearing :)  & there’s just so many designs & patterns you can play around with! I’m keen to try maybe a fruit salad mani with a mixture of fruits….my only worry is that it will make me hungry every the time I look at it… :-/ 

Anyhoos, hope you liked my lovelies! Thanks for reading as always. Have you ever tried nail art with fimo sticks?  

Lotsa love to ya!


8 comments:

  1. Loving your nails, such a gorgeous colour of nail polish. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sweety! I am in love with this colour at the mo! Deffo cheers me up! ;D xoxo

      Delete
  2. I never realised that’s how those filmo things came. I really like it, the base polish is such a nice shade! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha me neither! Interesting huh? Thank you so much hun! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! Those Fimo sticks are pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Livia! I'm addicted, haha! Can't to try more! :D xoxo

      Delete
  4. Kawaii nails!!! They look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annabella! I'm loving fimo art but you're right, it don't half make ya hungry!! :-/ LOL! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo