2.22.2012

NOTD - Emerald Jewel Crackle Smashle Mani! :D

Ello ello my lovely readers! How’s tricks? Can’t even begin to tell ya how good it feels to be typing away on this here lappy top, blogging, catching up on emails & all that jazz as I only had a bloomin power cut yesterday!! Yup, came home after a looooong day at work (what’s new?) to find the entire street shrouded in darkness. Fun times. So with nowt but a freezing cold, pitch black house albeit a few candles dotted here & there & a very angry little kitty for company, what’s a girl to do?? Well escape to Nando’s for a dose of Piri Piri extra hot of course! ;) Hehe! Twas goooood.

So another day, another mani to share with you beauts :D This time we’ve gone down the crackle route using a bit o’ silver, a dash o’ green & a sprinkling of glitter with a mani that, I don’t know why, but kinda made me think it had a sort of Medieval look about it?? Hmmm, must be the added jewel rhinestone in the middle ;) What do you think?
For this Medieval-esque Emerald Jewel Crackle Smashle mani (I really need to work on my post titles…) I dug out 3 puuuurdy polish’s, firstly the gorguz Models Own Emerald Black from the fabulous Beetlejuice collection which is such a lovely deep, dark black green. Of this I applied two coats to each nail.
Polish number 2 was another one from Models Own, the Smash Up Silver to be exact.  Oh yes I’m still loving the crackle ;) However I have to say I do find a lot of crackle polish’s a tad difficult to work with, experiencing gloopiness etc. With this I applied a thin-ish coat to each nail on top of the Emerald Black & whilst I loved the crackle effect it gives, I also wish there was a tad MORE crackle action so that the base colour would come through a bit more? Maybe I’ll try an even thinner coat next time :)
Aaaah I do love a glitter accent nail! For the ring finger sparkle I used the utterly fabulous Adventures Of Alice by BYS that my lovely Chelle sent me & which I’d been itching to try! It didn’t disappoint, a gorguz mixture of glitter in an aqua blue/green base, it is just boooootiful! Two coats of this on to the ring finger on top of the Emerald Black & I had me my dose of sparkle ;)
As if there wasn’t enough going on already, I decided to just finish of the mani with a pretty emerald green square jewel at the centre of each nail, applied the usual way of toothpick & a slick of topcoat to seal! Finito!

Hope you liked the mani my lovelies! Thanks so much for reading! What are you wearing on your nails at the mo?? 

Lotsa love to ya!


12 comments:

  1. Your nails look great lovely!! I have such boring nails atm cus of work!! :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chlo my sweet! Oh noooo, ya shouldn't let work get in the way of having fab nails! ;) lol! Hope all's well sweety, looking forward to seeing your pretty face sometime soon! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I tagged you for the 11 Questions Tag! Check out my post here: http://needmorenails.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/11-questions-tag.html.

    cheers :)

    xoxo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you hun, will have a looky :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. These look beautiful, you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for the lovely comment Gagan! :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! We love our greeeeeeen! Got a green FOTD coming up soon huny, think you may likey... ;) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Your nails look amazing. I love the little jewel on them all, and your sparkly nail looks fab as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Sherin my lovely! Hope you're having a fab LFW! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo