2.01.2012

MUA Haul - Mosaic Bronzer, Extreme Metallics & The Infamous Heaven & Earth Palette!

Evening my lovely readers! Happy first of the month to you all! Blimey 'tis February already & COLD...so very very cold :( I thought this was the time of year that the weather was meant to gradually get better with the sun making a more frequent appearance now & then but it appears we’re going in the opposite direction!  *sigh!*

When I went along to the BINTM event at the Excel Exhibition Centre not too long ago with the lovely Saf, a bit of make-up hauling was done whilst there, I mean it would've been rude NOT to what with all the lovely stalls with brands such NYX, Stargazer, Fashionista & more to browse at. One stall we came across was MUA Make Up Academy, a brand that is available from Superdrug & online & is well known for its very affordable range of make-up products of which are really quite lovely quality. I’m very eager to try out their nail polish’s (surprise, surprise) which retail for a very appealing sounding price of only £1! 

Anyhoos, the lovely MUA had a fab exclusive offer going on where if you purchased 3 MUA products, you’d get a palette free. So of course I took full advantage of this & came away with not one but two stunning looking eye shadow quads, as well as a pretty bronzer with the infamous Heaven & Earth palette coming free & which I had been hunting after for yonks but with no luck! Result!  :) Cue swatching fun times…. ;)
First up is the pretty looking Mosaic Bronzer, in Shade 2 “Sunkissed Glow”
The bronzer is made up of a mixture of colours that when swirled all together give an almost pinky toned bronze glow when swatched on the hand, however it did come out a tad darker when I used it on the contours of my cheeks. It actually reminds me a lot of Benefit Dallas & as I mentioned I’ve been using this to contour as well as on the apples of the cheeks & temple to give a healthy looking glow. The texture is quite powdery & perhaps not to everyone’s liking but they are extremely pigmented so you only really need to dab the brush in the pan to get plenty of product, therefore will last you quite a while for sure & it retails for only £2.50!  Not bad at all!
The other two products I purchased where some lovely eye shadow quads from the Extreme Metallics Range in shades “Go Getter” & “Celebrity” each containing four gorgeously pigmented shades that can be used wet or dry.
“Go Getter” contains a pale shimmery pink & silver which would make lovely highlighters as well as golden bronze & deep brown shades. All are super pigmented with a lovely texture & seeing how well they came out here swatched dry, I can only imagine how they look when used wet! 
Definitely my favourite out of the two “Celebrity” also contains a frosted pink & silver shade, as well as the most beautiful rose and lilac-y purple shades, really gorguz! Again, quality of the shadows is pretty impressive, looking forward to playing around with these both wet & dry & even better is that these lovely quads retail for only £3.00 each! I’m seriously tempted to get more!
Finally we have the infamous Heaven & Earth palette which I ended up getting free with my purchases & contains 12 neutral everyday shades. This palette has been compared to the cult favourite in the beauty world that is the Urban Decay Naked palette as being a much cheaper dupe, the main reason why I’d been hunting it down like a madwoman! Devastatingly I don’t own a Naked palette *sob!* so honestly can’t really say how well it compares, but judging from many a posts I’ve seen it definitely seems a worthy alternative!

                                                                                               TOP ROW
                                                                                                 BOTTOM ROW
All the shades are lovely quality & nicely pigmented, with a mixture of browns, bronze & nudes to play with, however the only disappointing thing is that they are all shimmery shadows, a few matte shades would have made this palette even more epic. But hey, seeing you get 12 lovely eye shadows for a fabulous £4.00 which is what MUA palettes retail for, ya can’t complain really!

So overall mightily impressed with MUA so far & I’m eager to try more bits & pieces from the range, like I said, the polish’s are calling to me! Also the single eye shadows that also retail for £1 each look loveeeerly & at that price! Yes please! ;)

Have you lovelies tried anything from the MUA range? What did you think? Any recs?
Thanks for reading!
Lotsa love to ya!


8 comments:

  1. This bronzer looks so nice! I need it, I actually like MUA pallets need to finally buy one. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its lovely hun & the price makes it even better! Wanna try a lot more from the range now :) thanks for commenting lovely! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I realllyyy wanted that palette! So jealous! Beautiful finds hun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww let me know if you still have trouble finding it hun & I'll see if I can get hold of one for you :) looking forward to seeing you soon sweety! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you alicia! It really is gorguz :) and such a fab price too! You must get :) xoxo

      Delete
  4. MUA has another palette called "Undressed" that is the exactly dupe of the Naked. You should look for it, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, yes I've heard of it but its always out of stock! Have managed top find another good dupe but will keep hunting for the Undressed! ;) xoxox

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo