1.03.2012

Party FOTD - Golden Bronze & Brown Arabic-esque Eye Makeup Look

Ello ello sweethearts! So, today was the official first day back to work after the festive period….blah. *Sob!* I found myself looking out desperately on my drive to work this morning for houses still covered in prettyful lights, anything to just grip on to the festive spirit that little bit longer! ;)  But Happy New Year to all of you my lovelies, let’s hope this year is a good un in all aspects. 
Now not only is this here post the first one of the year 2012 but it also happens to be my 100th post too! Woo! Not entirely sure why I feel that requires special notification but I have a thing for rounded numbers I guess so there ya goes! ;D  

So my lovelies, you remember the outfit I wore for the work Xmas party? This is the makeup look I decided to wear with it. Seeing as the dress itself was a cream/white affair, it left the options quite open with what sort of makeup look to go for, but in the end I decided to go for a golden/bronze Arabic style eye using the newly acquired MUA Heaven & Earth palette which I have been wanting for ages & now finally have! I will be doing a separate post on the palette itself as well a few other goodies from MUA so do keep an eye out for that ;) 
For now though here’s the FOTD, or should that be Face Of The Night as it WAS worn in the evening ;) which was done quite hurriedly as I’d just got in from work & only had an hour to get ready!  :-/

The first pic was taken before I headed out to the party & the others I snapped when I got back in. All I can say is that I am mightily impressed with the MUA shadows because as ya can see they did not budge a smidgen! Not to mention the pigmentation is pretty awesome. :D Here are the products I used to create the look:

Face: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer, MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC35 & MAC MSF Natural in Medium.
Cheeks: Barry M Natural Dazzle Bronzer
Eyes: Colours from MUA Heaven & Earth palette. I usually use 3-4 shadows when doing evening eye makeup, here I used golden bronze over the entire lid, brown in the outer V & crease, deepening the colour with a darker brown in the outer corner & a shimmery white to highlight inner corner & brow bone. To make the whole look a bit more sparkly I dabbed on a bit of RMK Ingenious Powder eye shadow in Sparkly Gold which is such a gorguz product I’m definitely going to have to do a post on it! Finished the look with a coupla coats of Rimmel Lash Accelerator & MAC Fluidline Blacktrack along the upper lashline & waterline, winged out twice at the corners, keeping the bottom wing shorter than the top (hope that made sense!)
Lips: No7 Nude Lip liner, a sweep of Carmex & GOSH Darling lipstick on top 


Hope you liked my lovelies! As always thanks for reading! What sort of makeup looks did you opt for either Xmas or New Year’s? Have you tried any MUA products as well?

Lotsa love to ya!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful eye makeup!! I'm so rubbish at creating looks like this, very jealous! =p

    ~ Lauren <3

    http://cosmeticskittensclassrooms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your make up looks gorgeous sweetie, your eyes are just to die for! Hope you had a wonderful xmas and new year!! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous eye look doll! it's really pretty on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look this eye makeup it looks so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @lauren - aww thank you Lauren! So glad you like :) xoxo

    @Chlo - Happy New Year my lovely! Did you have a good one? Aww thank you so much, you're such a sweety! xoxo

    @socialitedreams - thanks Von! Hope ya had a good New Years PJ party! LOL! ;) xoxo

    @ruqaiyakhan - thank you :) xoxo

    @numera - thank you so much Numera! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. your lashes are extraordinary! that's the first time I saw someone with extra-long lashes! followed!

    http://exoticwaytoburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww what a lovely comment, thank you sweety! :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo