1.27.2012

NOTD - Tuxedo Nails Manicure!

Evening poppets & Happy Friday! Oooo I’m happy to see it, that’s for sure.  Let’s just say it’s been an odd kinda week (though I do seem to get a lot of those….) I mean, I even managed to get lost in my OWN town the other day….says it all really doesn’t it?? *side eye* Oh well, moving on, highlight this week definitely goes to that glorious day of the month we like to call PAY DAY of who’s arrival I literally counted down the days, hours, minutes, nay seconds & welcomed with open arms ;)  A bit o’ cheeky yet very necessary hauling has been done this month I’ll admit, but nothing too drastic mind you, plus had to pay off a few bills also, the joys of being a grown up (though that status is debatable… ;p) Have some lovely new bits though that I can’t wait to share you lovelies….there is some sparkle involved ;)

So lately I’d been seeing lots of pics of the absolutely awesome “Tuxedo” style nails that Zooey Deschanel wore as her mani to the Golden Globes this year, I absolutely fell in love with the design, thought it was just brilliant & really wanted to give them a whirl!  
When you think of Tuxedo’s the colours that come to mind are of course black & white but sadly & quite shockingly for this here nail polish addict…I don’t actually have a white nail polish in my collection! :-/ Oooops! That’s something that clearly needs rectifying ASAP, not just that but I STILL need to purchase me a proper nail art pen. But lacking those tools didn’t stop me from whacking a man’s suit on my nails, call for a bit o’ improvisation using instead “Coconut Ice” a beautiful pearly polish from No 7, a few black nail art beads & of course my trusty & ever resourceful liquid eye liner, here’s my first attempt at Tuxedo nails :)

What do you think? Not too bad for a first go? The bows & tips were a bit scruffier than I would’ve liked & definitely need working on but with a bit o’ practice I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it as I’m gonna be wanting to try this design again! After using a basecoat, I applied two coats of the Coconut Ice, sticking on the black button beads with an orange stick whilst the second coat was still wet. Once that had dried I then attempted my bows & black tips using the eyeliner, finishing it all off with a slick of topcoat to seal! Finito!

Looking at it again I think I actually prefer the use of the pearly polish rather than a matte white, gives it a bit more of a pow factor if ya like! Haha! ;) And maybe I WILL just stop dawdling & get a nail art pen in my life, just to see if it makes things easier but until then I still have big love for my eyeliner! Same can definitely be said for this mani design, received lots of lovely comments on it this week which always means so much & makes my day! :D So will be giving Tuxedo's a go again for sure!

Hope you like! Have you tried Tuxedo nails? Let me know, would love to see! Thanks for stopping by, till next time lovelies! 

Lotsa love to ya!



12 comments:

  1. come do mine! i'm not that skilled :( i actually love that shade instead of white, gives it a girly vibe! tooooo cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Would love to babe! Just name the day & I'll come ;) Thank you babes xoxo

      Delete
  2. omg you are so clever! That is super cute!

    Nic x


    http://www.strawberryblondebeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you so much lovely! :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love this! It's just super cute :) I have yet to attempt nail art...this will be one design going on the list to try when I do xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh do give it a go hun! I think its definitely one of my favs :D Thank you so much sweety xoxo

      Delete
  4. How cute! you are very talented hun x

    http://aflaweddiamond.blogspot.com/

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I like the pearly effect as well. Makes it extra fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey girl! Thanks muchly, so glad you like! I love this pearly polish too, creates such a lovely finish :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo