1.17.2012

NOTD - Strawberry & Chocolate Polka Dot Frostiness!

Hey there angels! How are you all? I honestly have no idea how I’m managing to type, other than VEEEEEERY slowly, as I’ve a coupla popsicles in place of hands right now :-/  Blimey, cold enough for ya?! & of course my one & only pair of gloves would choose this time to go walkies… So my poor hands are really being put through the wars, especially at work, I think they’re feeling a tad neglected & channeling alotta hate towards their owner. They are definitely in need of a major pamper sesh that’s for sure, I’m thinking of maybe getting a pair of those soft cotton gloves that are supposed to be worn at night after you’ve lathered your hands in lashings of hand cream? Plus wearing gloves at night doesn’t seem like such a bad idea at the mo ;)

So Pink, Brown & Polka Dots are the theme for today’s mani dolls & lordy, I haven't the foggiest why but every time I looked at these I just got so darn hungry! :-/ Maybe it’s because they reminded me of chocolate & strawberry cupcake frosting….I don’t know…or maybe it’s because I’m just weird. Most likely the latter. 
For this mani I dug out the gorguz polish “Rustic” by Wet N Wild that the lovely Vonnie sent me in our makeup swap, which is a beautiful shimmery almost foil like chocolate-y brown. Not a colour I thought I would go for in a polish but damn I love this! Applied like a dream too in two coats. Just yummy! :D

After a coupla days wear I wanted a bit of a change, so taking off the “Rustic” on the middle & ring fingers I applied a coupla coats of my absolute fav rose pink shade of polish which I got from a Next gift set & blogged about here. I seriously dread the day when this beauty runs out… :( Once dry I applied a couple of those French mani tips that I picked up from Boots yonks ago but overlapped them over each other to create a sort of stencil, so that it left a triangular shaped corner of the nail free. 
Into that space I just applied opposite colours, so the brown on the pink & vice versa, then finished by removing the strips once the polish had dried & sticking on some simple yet always fun polka dots using a hair bobby pin. Add a slick of topcoat & done! :D

Thanks as always for reading my lovelies! Till next time :)

Lotsa love to ya!


8 comments:

  1. omg this nail polish is gorgeous!!!
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks liloo! I'm totally in love with it :D xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love it ! <3
    Love amy, and please check out my blog:
    Http://naildesigns-amydeluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing!! Totally like sugary tasty lil cupcakes! xxx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thanks so much Rhi! Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought that! ;D xoxo

      Delete
  4. The nails look lovely! Love the colour you used for the whole nail. Very chic. Great post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for the lovely comment hun! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo