1.23.2012

NOTD - Chinese New Year Inspired Mani :)

Greetings to ya dear readers & Happy Chinese New Year to all of you lovelies who are celebrating today! 'Tis the year 2012 which means it’s the Dragons turn this year, hope you’re all having a wonderful day with your friends & families eating plenty of yummy food & receiving lots of lucky red envelopes :D  
                                                                               Source - Google Images

I always like to do a Chinese New Year inspired mani, incorporating the beautiful, traditional red & gold colours, such a wonderful combo. I did one last year using a gorguz red Revlon polish in “Blaze” & Barry M Dazzle Dust in Gold & absolutely LOVED the finished result! I’d totally forgotten about using those fab dazzle dust’s for nail art lately, they create such an amazing looking effect, so I think I’ll go have another dig through the few that I own & get to playing around again :D Here’s the one I did last year if you fancy a looky CLICK HERE.
This time round I dug out an old yet super pretty red polish from Collection 2000 called “Blazing Red” which I blogged about HERE. It’s a lovely slightly shimmery hot red, almost foil like when on the nail, really nice. I applied two coats on to each nail, then when dry free handed some quarter moons on to the tips using my fav gold polish which has appeared on this blog a few times now! Yup ‘tis the booootiful Revlon 118 CARAT :)
I wanted to jazz up the mani a tad more so to finish just applied some pretty flower nail art stickers with a pair of tweezers as well adding some cute little butterflies on the thumb & ring fingers as….well…. I didn’t have any dragons handy… ;) Hehe! Finish with a slick of topcoat to seal & done!

Hope you liked! Thanks for reading as always sweets, have a great evening! :D

Lotsa love to ya!

11 comments:

  1. very nice! i am useless at nail detail..useless!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Miss Jones! Aww so was I hun, absolutely awful! That's the magic of nail art stickers, can jazz up a mani no end! :D xoxo

      Delete
    2. Hey even i am into nail art sometimes please check out my blog i just did 2 holiday nail art maybe u'll like them too...they are super easy to do
      thank and tc
      keep up with the good work..
      http://asqgenerates.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. i love this, you're so creative aysh! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello sweety! Hope you're well :) hehe thanks lovely! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love your Chinese New Year nails. The red and gold are so perfect together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much Sherin! Red & gold really is a lovely combo : xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo