11.13.2011

Eid day FOTD - Gold, Pink & Blue ;)

Evening sugarplums, have you all had a lovely weekend? For me this weekend has been all about the chillaxing involving lots of food, rest, good tv & a nap or two….bliss! Sometimes you just need a total zone out weekend non? :)
Today I thought I’d squeeze in a quick FOTD post to share with you beauties :) You may remember me mentioning it was Eid last week? Normally the day basically consists of lots of eating; putting the glad rags on, eating, donning a bit of makeup, eating, whilst traveling from relative to relative’s houses & errmmm….oh yeah…eating. Good times :)
The outfit I wore was made for me with some material given to me by my lovely nana. I don’t really wear Asian clothes that often, only on special occasions, when I do though I tend to opt for a churidaar style, which I’ve mentioned before & is basically a dress style top with tight drainpipe trousers. Here’s a little pic just to show you the colours on the outfit, which I then used to create a suitable make up look to go with :)
As you can see there were quite a few colours to play with including gold, blue & pink so decided to just go with them all! Haha! 
For the face I used MAC Studio tech NC35 & MAC MSF Natural in Medium Dark with Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concealer. I decided to keep the cheeks bronze with W7 Honolulu bronzer to contour & Victoria Jackson bronze shimmer for a bit o’ glow :)  On the lips I used No7 lip liner in Nude & Sleek’s Naked lippie.
                                                            Excuse the annoying fly away hairs! Grrr :-/

The eye shadows I used were all from my Coastal Scents 88 colour palette which I love using as it has so many lovely colours for you to play around with, both matte & shimmer of a nice quality :) Starting from inner corner I added a bit of gold on the inner half of the lid, next applying a subtle pink on the outer half blending the two well in the middle. Then mixing a couple of blue shadows till I got the right shade just blended some of that in to the outer V & finally highlighting the inner corner & under the brows with a shimmery white. To add a touch more definition I dabbed on some Barry M dazzle Dust in Yellow Gold, just to give it a bit more sparkle before finishing with winged eyeliner on the upper lash line & waterline using MAC Fluidline Blacktrack & a sweep or two of Clinique High Impact mascara, Done! :)

 Hope you liked the FOTD dolls, as always thanks for reading!

Don't forget to enter my ickle GIVEAWAY sweethearts, the prize of which is a boootiful YSL Faux Arty Ring! 

Lotsa love to ya!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Your lashes are insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking stunning as always, my lovely! I do admire your blending skills too. And the kameez is so pretty! I'll stop gushing now, shall I? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the cheek color too. I'm so jealous of your lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ashlynn - aw thank you so much lovely :) xoxo

    @thepostcolonialrabbit - awww naz! Thanks angel, you're too kind. Hope you're well? :) xoxo

    @ailah - hello lovely! Thank you, I'm so glad you liked :) Your skill are truly amaze :) xoxo

    @hijabiwithstyle - thank you hun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo