11.30.2011

A Bit O' Hair Pampering With A Little Help From Argan Oil & Avon! :D

Hello there honeybuns! Hope you are all doing well.  Me? Well I’m currently lying comatose on my bed after giving the term “comfort eating” a whole new meaning & think it will take a crane to shift me, let’s just say it was one of THOSE days at work. “URGH”….yeah…that word pretty much sums it up perfectly ;) But hey ho! No point on dwelling on the downers right? Tomorrow is another day…yes indeed it is Ms O’Hara, let’s just hope & pray it’s not as equally crapola yes? ;)
Now my darls, I’m cheating a little with this here post as its one I wrote not too long a go now as a guest post for my lovely friend Annabella whilst she was off tying the knot. But just in case you missed it, I’m going to chuck it on here too as I really do love these products! :)

We all love a bit o’ pampering every now & again non? Not just body but hair too. So I wanted to share with you two products that I’ve been loving & have been total lifesavers for my poor, tortured hairs of late.
Now I’m not prone to exaggeration at all…*tumbleweed*… but believe me when I say that my hair has been in a mucho bad way lately. I’d recently finished my current shampoo & deciding to try something new, picked up a bottle of Johnson’s Baby Shampoo. The reason for this being, not only does its smell immediately take me back to my childhood, but I was also under the misconception that it would give me beautiful, soft locks like…well, a baby! Well turns out I was a tad wrong :-/
Whilst the smell did indeed transport me back to a time of my life where the most important decision of my day was which Barbie doll I would be playing with (yes, I was a little Barbie girl in a Barbie world…are ya shocked??), instead of getting the soft hair I desired, I found myself waking up the next day, peering into the mirror & seeing what looked like an electrocuted scarecrow-esque being that kinda resembled me staring back….’twas quite a frightening sight to say the least…bad times. Brittle, straw like hairs without a baby soft lock in sight! 
But thankfully all was not lost as these two fantabulous hair products flew in to save the day! 
First up we have the Lee Stafford Nourishing Miracle Argan Oil & a miracle for my hair indeed it is! As the title suggests it’s a lightweight oil treatment suitable for all hair types & can be used on both wet & dry hair. At first I was a tad wary to try as I assumed that using an oil based product would be a one way ticket to grease-ville! But I haven’t found this at all. The trick is to start with just a small amount (1-2 drops) which you can build up on depending on the thickness/length of your hair. 

I’ve been using it on both wet & dry hair as suggested. Starting with 1-2 pumps, just rub the oil between your hands to warm it up, and then run through the length of your hair right down to the tips. Since using this lovely stuff my hair has felt softer, shiner & the brittle frizz has gone bye bye! And the great thing is it’s done all this without weighing the hair down at all! Plus I should add that this stuff smells absolutely scrumptious!!
Argan oil has become quite a well-known beautifying product now but has actually been used by the Berber woman of Morocco for donkey’s years! It also happens to be rich in Vitamin E so gives the hair a protective layer from sun & heat damage (Google is my friend) which is great news for this known GHD abuser! :)
The Lee Stafford Argan Oil is available from Boots at £11.99 for 50ml. Hmmm, a tad steep perhaps for the amount you get but it does last a while as you only need 1-2 drops & it really is a lovely product. However if you feel that it is a tad pricey also, then this 2nd product will appeal all the more! :) When I don’t use Argan Oil I reach for this baby of which I have been a loyal user now for a coupla years! Tis the Advance Techniques Daily Shine Dry Ends Serum from Avon.

This serum is a much looser consistency compared to the Argan oil, therefore very easy to work with & you also need just a pump which is more than enough for my ‘just past shoulder length’ hair.
I use this when my hair is feeling particularly dry & dull & the ends are starting to look a tad split & weak. But this brings it back to life leaving it feeling soft & treated afterwards as well as giving the hair a lovely glossiness with no grease! I also use a teensy blob after straightening my hair giving it a much sleeker & healthier finish. With this product as well, a little really does go a long way as I’ve had this bottle for yonks & only just gone past halfway! And the best thing about this serum me dears is definitely the fantabulous price. It’s available from Avon’s website at £5.50 for 30ml which I think is fab, I’m going to be re-stocking my supply for sure!
So if your hair is feeling the need to be pampered then I would deffo recommend these two products as they have worked wonders for me! Would love to know if you’ve tried either of these or if you have any fav hair products that you love at the mo! Always looking for new things to try! :)
Thanks for reading lovelies!

Click HERE to enter my YSL Faux Arty Ring Giveaway dolls! :) 

Lotsa love!


5 comments:

  1. I really like the Avon serum, never tried Lee Stafford one before. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @AngelaQ - Its fab right? Oh you should try the Argan Oil too hun, its lovely :) xoxo

    @RuqaiyaKhan - Aww thank you so much huny! So glad you like :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! In general i am a big fan of Lee Stafford products but the Arganoil didn´t blew me away!
    http://h-bsch.blogspot.com/2012/05/hair-essential-update-lee-stafford.html
    xo
    K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! Aww really? Have you tried the hair growth treatment? Tis another one of my favs, love it! :D xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo