10.02.2011

Hot Pink Hex On Me NOTD ;)

Evening angels! Aaaah what a lovely weekend it’s been huh? What’s everyone been up to? Hope you’ve all had a good one whatever you’ve been doing! Today  me & the matey took ourselves off to the fields for a spot o’ fruit picking, & just in time too as today was the last day of the season! We manage to come away with a few punnets of lovely raspberries of which I now need to find an appropriate recipe to use them up with! Any recommendations my dolls will be most welcome! :)
In honour of the fantabulous weather I decided to put a suitably bright & vibrant colour on the fingers & tootsies & what screams summer (albeit a very late one) better than lovely hot pink! For this mani I dug out another one of my mumma’s vintage Revlon polishes that she passed on to me, it’s a beautiful bright fuchsia crème polish & goes by the title ‘Magenta De Fey’ I just love the name! :D
Isn’t it just the most gorguz bright pink? And the quality as always with the beloved Revlon polishes is absolutely brilliant; the formula is really smooth & application a breeze. The brush is nice & long yet thin as well which really helps & here I’ve applied two coats which didn’t achieve FULL opacity but it was enough for me but you can easily go for a 3rd coat as drying time isn’t too long either :D
As always I wanted to jazz up this pretty polish in a quick & simple way so I decided to reach for my Barry M hexagram hologram polish to add a touch of sparkle to the mani! And oooh my sparkle it did! *inner magpie does happy dance* :D 
I love the Barry M hex holo, such a great layering polish to jazz up the nails, I think it’s also available in a lilac shade?? I must have it! Lol!
Hope you liked the mani my loves! On a quick note before me sign out for now (also what with this being a pink themed mani) in case you weren’t aware dolls, this month is Breast Cancer Awareness month? And as part of this amazing fundraising campaign, on 28th October 2011 the charity will be launching the Wear it Pink day! Such a fab concept, all you need to do to take part is put on your pink girls! Anything from polish, to lips, to clothes, to hair, it’s up to you! Get together in your pink with your mates, family, work colleagues & donate £2 or however much you like. I think this is such a lovely & simple way to raise awareness & help the thousands of families affected by breast cancer every day. One post that I found incredibly moving & really puts the effects of breast cancer into perspective was written by the fab BritishBeautyBlogger, do pop on over & have a read if ya can sweetpeas! 

Take care for now & speak to you all soon!

6 comments:

  1. This is a really nice colour, bright without being too in your face and the sparkles over the top are lovely! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rhi - its such a lovely pink isn't it hun? Absolutely love it, also love the fact that it used to be my mumma's! Lol! Two generations loving this polish haha! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlie! I like those sparkles! Kind of reminds me of the cake mix with colored sprinkles in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KajalCouture - Hey sweety! Haha yes you're right they do! Ooooh its getting me thinking now for when I next get to baking some cupcakes! Pink icing & glitter sparkles it is! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove the shape of your nails - so pretty! This nail polish is gorgeous and I especially love the topcoat you added - it adds sparkle! <3

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Summer - heya Summer, awww thank you so much for your lovely comment huny! You're so sweet! :) So glad you like the NOTD & yup ya can't go wrong with a bit o'sparkle! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo