10.12.2011

A Glowy Nude FOTD & a Blogaversary! :D

Evening me daaaaarlings :) Hope you’re all having a tip top week?
Got an ickle FOTD to share with you lovelies today that I did with my Benefit Her Name Was Glowla palette which I've used before & absolutely love, the eye shadows in it are just gorguz & I’ve found myself reaching for this palette more & more of late. :)
Before I get on to that though, it just occurred to me that today is this little blog of mine’s 1st birthday….well whadya know?!! Has it been a year already?!? :D Gosh, it’s flown by! I can honestly say that starting Truly Madly Beauty has been one of the best things I’ve ever done, I’ve gotten so much joy out of this little space on the blogosphere & even though it’s only an ickle one compared to some other fabulous blogs out there, I am proud of it :) Not only has it been wonderful sharing my love of all things beauty & makeup related but it’s also been fab being part of such a great online community & by that I mean of course you guys! So thank you so much to all of you who stop on by, follow, comment & read my ramblings, it really means the world to me truly :) Another delightful thing is that I was overjoyed to log in the other day to see that I’ve reached the 200 milestone on my blog! How lovely, thanks again you gorguz readers! :D
                                                                          source - google images
To celebrate the ol’ blogaversary & follower milestone I’m thinking a giveaway is in order! Not sure what yet mind you dolls, work is crazy (what’s new) but I deffo have something in the works so keep your eyes peeled angels! :D
Now moving on to the FOTD! As I mentioned I used my “Her Name Was Glowla” palette that I picked up from Benefit a while back & which I blogged about here. The colours & quality of the eye shadows are just amazing, they apply so smoothly on to the lid & I experienced very little fallout & zero creasing which is fab!

The shadows are also beautifully pigmented; I used the lighter 3 colours in the palette over the entire lid & to highlight then applied the 2 darker golden/brown shadows in the crease & outer V. To line the upper lid I used MAC Fluidline Blacktrack to create a thick cat eye wing, definitely one of my fav ways of doing eyeliner :) No mascara or waterline action this time, which is a bit odd for moi, but hey ho! I wanted to keep it neutral ;) The palette also contains the lovely “Coralista” blush so I used that on the cheeks using Benefit’s “Dallas” blush, a deep plum shade, to contour the cheeks a little. 
With regards to foundation, I’ve re-discovered my love for Bourjois! These have recently been taking a back seat but have now come out again in all their glory! 
I use both the 10 Hour Sleep Effect & the Healthy Mix foundations from Bourjois mixed together. The reason for this being because the Sleep Effect one I picked up was much too dark for me (damn store lighting!!) so I got the Healthy Mix in a much lighter shade so I could mix the both together to get the right shade (or thereabouts!) & I really love the finish.  I do have a strong love for both these fab drugstore foundations! Lastly the lips were kept simple with No 7 nude lip liner & Sleek lippie in ‘Naked’.
 Hope you liked the FOTD dolls! Thanks for stopping by & remember stay tuned for a giveaway very soon!

Lotsa love & hugs!





5 comments:

  1. super pretty and glowy, thumbs up! you look super lovelllly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely look, really pretty and quite natural xxx


    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blush! Really natural looking =) I might pick up the healthy mix foundation as many people seem to love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Socialitedreams - thank you Vonnie my sweet! xoxo

    @Theothersideofcool - thanks so much Rhi! So glad ya likey :D xoxo

    @Beautybyrosh - thanks hun, I really am loving the coral blush too, its very pretty :) Yes, give the healthy mix a try, I've heard there's actually a new formula out that's even better! I want it! :D xoxo

    @Thedollymixdiaries - aww thank you so much lovely! That means a lot :) This year has flown by! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo