7.21.2011

Top of the Shops & TOWIB :)

Evening my darling cupcakes! How are you all doing? Is it just moi or does this week seem to be draaaaaging majorly?!? And just looked out the window to see a beautiful downpour reminiscent to that of a tropical rainforest in monsoon season…err that is without the tropical climate :/ So I’m guessing Summer’s well & truly over then huh? Gotta love British weather!
Things as usual are busy, busy, busy, so no change there! I’m seriously aching for a holiday I can’t tell you & have been getting some lovely holiday destination ideas from other lovely bloggers who have been lucky enough to escape away recently! Hopefully will catch a break sometime soon! 

But enough wallowing! Having said all that, things have actually been rather better of late :) This weekend was nice as I merrily skipped on down into London to attend the TOWIB “The Only Way Is Blogging” event that was being held in The Pitcher & Piano in Holborn & was hosted by the fantabulous Hayley aka London Beauty Queen. Thank you muchly for holding such a fab event hun! I’m so glad I managed to make it as it seemed the Gods where determined to prevent me! Not only was it raining cats, dogs, goats & elephants, but the Piccadilly line was also partly closed, which for Miss Majorly Retarded i.e yours truly, did not bode well as I’m such a tourist when it comes to traveling in London! But the good old TFL website came to the rescue & directed me on an alternative route to my destination to which I arrived thankfully in one piece albeit slightly soaked & with hair that seemed to have quadrupled in volume thus resembling a briar patch :/ It was defo worth it though as I had the loveliest time meeting Hayley & other lovely bloggers both familiar & new! Was a tad nervous as I was all by my onesie but I needn’t have worried because as always when I’ve had the pleasure of meeting other bloggers in the past everyone was so nice! We were also joined by the makeup company MUA & Dove who gave talks on new products as well as being kind enough to send us off with goody bags with things to try :) Strangely for me I didn’t take any pics! Doh! But do hop on over to the beautiful Alice’s blog who wrote a great post of the event with some pics thrown in too! :) Already looking forward to the next one!  
Now you may remember in a few of my previous posts I’d mentioned that some major hauling had been going on? So I thought I’d show you beauties all the bits & bobs I’ve accumulated as I’m such a nosy parker & enjoy looking at haul posts myself :) I won’t lie to ya dears….shopping has been my remedy of late. But please don’t fear for my sanity, I didn’t buy ALL of this in one spree, so I don’t think I have a problem yet. But then having said that, some of the items are actually things I found whilst having a clear out of my wardrobe, still in bags with tags intact. Err..haha…anyone else do that?? Buy things & then promptly forget their existence only to be found later with a squeal of glee?? Anyone??......*tumbleweed*  Okay lets move on shall we?! 

 First up are these two dresses which I picked up whilst passing through the Warehouse section of my local Debenhams which was shutting down, hence the big red SALE signs beckoning moi ;)  I love the nude pink shade of the silk dress with the frilly detailing in the front, very feminine, deffo feeling the nude tones at the mo. And I'm sure you all know by now my complete & utter obsession with all things lace! Lace, black, touch of goth & dress.....ticks all the boxes for me! 
Now I'm not sure whats going on in my town, but not only has Warehouse decided to say bye-bye but the Topshop seems to have had a re-vamp in the opposite way in that it seems to have become a huge discount Topshop! But hey ya won't see moi complaining! So on one of my sprees I popped in & came away with this gorguz dress. I absolutely adore the pastel colours & the light soft chiffon-y material. Even though its meant to be knee length, on little old me it's the perfick maxi :)   
Ahhh, now these two are a couple of 'those' ones that I found tucked away in their bags. Please forgive me prettyful dresses for doing such a thing! The first dress was an ASOS purchase, a lovely light cotton maxi that was available in black also, but like I said, the nude shade grabbed me more! The second dress I grabbed from Republic who have the most amazing sales! I think it was around winter time & they were getting rid of all the summer stock for ridiculous prices! I really am loving this maxi , its soft, it flows beautifully, the colours are gorg....LOVE :)
Oh the drama's I went through to get this maxi! I cannot tell you how much I wanted this dress after seeing it in the NEXT catalogue, it was love at first sight if you will. But after seeing it that one time it seemed to disappear in to thin air as I couldn't find it anywhere! I lost count of how many NEXT's I visited trying to find it! After a while I accepted the fact that it wouldn't be mine *sob!* until one day....whilst browsing Ebay...there it was!! My dress! Clickety click went the fingers & wooooo it was mine! :)  Happy ending. 
 The last dress of the bunch :) & quite possibly my fav, yes NEXT dress, you have some serious competition! I picked up this beauty from TK Maxx which is very steadily becoming one of my favorite stores! Me & the bestie (who is the one to be blamed for my love of this shop!) love browsing through & finding gems such as this. Love EVERYTHING about this dress, the kaleidoscope of colours, the soft cotton which is soo comfy....just love! :) 
I think this is one of my favs too for sure! This grey lace light cotton blazer is another find from the awesome Republic sale :) And look, did I mention it has lace detailing on it?!!  I've been wanting a blazer for a while now, they look fab chucked on as an extra layer whilst still keeping smart & this will go with so many outfits! :)
 No haul post would be complete without some shoes :) Kitten heels are deffo my fav as they give you that little bit of height you sometimes want but without wanting to risk breaking the ankles. I picked up the nude pair from Topshop, the cute elfin black pumps are from H&M & are always convenient to have & the sandals in case you hadn't guessed are River Island & perfick to go with the new dresses!
Now I wasn't sure if I was gonna include these in my haul post, but I recently picked up some lovely bits of underwear from La Senza. I dunno....is it weird to post underwear on the old blog?? Ahhhhh sod it! Ima gonna chuck em at ya like a hardcore granny rock star fan anyways! Bwahaha! 
La Senza really do great underwear as well as the usual bras etc. I also adooooore their PJ's! All my current PJ's are from there as they are so cotton soft & comfy with some really great & cute designs so do check em! They usually have their undies on some sort of offer, I grabbed these 3 for a tenner, not bad! :)

Aaaaand that my darls ends this haul post! Jaaaayyyysuus! I know, I know, but like I said, it wasn't all in one go! Promise! And is it just moi or did there seem to be a recurring theme going?? Lol, I think its safe to say I like my dresses *blushes* ;) I had been hoping to give them all an outing these past months, but its seems after what seemed about 3 days, the cheeky bugger Summer has already skipped off giggling mischievously into the horizon leaving us to embrace Autumn with open arms! :/  Hmmmm....

As always thanks for reading my lovelies! Hope you liked my hauling! Have you bought any pretty new purchases recently?? :)
Lotsa love & hugs!




6 comments:

  1. Amazing haulage lady! Love it all but espesh the warehouse dresses and the River Island sandals. Can see you looking amazing in them all though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blazer its gorgeous!

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha Briar Patch hair -I bet that would go down well at a couture show. As for all your lovely dresses like wow totally wow!

    Now come up to Nottingham and be my stylist! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Naz - Heya my lovely! Aww you're such a sweety thank you! Hehe love them all but there's just something about the black lace! ;) Hope you're keeping well me dear xoxo

    @Shel - thanks Shel! Its really different to anything I currently own, can see myself pairing it with many a outfit! It will deffo be getting a lot of usage that's for sure :) xoxo

    @Annabella - LOL! Miss A, I'll be having ya know that Briar Patch hair is like soooooo IN right now! ;) Seriously though, hope I didn't scare anyone :/ Aww thanks darling! Haha will love to come down to Nottingham & shop till we drop! Will remember to bring teddy too ;) Just name the day xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you've bought a lot! :P
    I really really like the black lace dress and the Warehouse and Republic ones too :)
    Love H xx
    welcometomyfloordrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hannah - hello hun! Haha hmm yes, I think I may have a problem huh?? thank you for commenting lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo