5.24.2011

Strawberry's & Bling NOTD :)

Evening chicks! How are y'all doing? Hmmm really wanted to make the title of this post a tad more jazzy-fied but it would appear that me brain is going through a bit of a retarded phase...not much change there then. I blame it on Monday! I really do think I'm allergic as I always seem to break out in a rash on this ghastly day! I shouldn't be too harsh though, as Monday is often a good un & allows an extra long weekend here & there with bank holidays of course! (Next week woo!) Anyhoo I first thought 'Strawberry Shizzle' sounded kinda funky but actually quite rude & hey I ain't no Snoop Dogg! Then I thought oooooooh 'Strawberry Vajazzle' sounds jolly funny...didn't register to me till later & click in my ickle brain what a vajazzle actually was...cough! :/ *blushes* So out went that title! Didn't want y'all getting the wrong idea & thinking I was getting adventurous with what I'm posting on my blog! Bwhaha!
So in the end I decided simple was the way to go with 'Strawberry's & Bling' :) *sigh* such tribulations huh? lol! Anyhoo darls, I found myself having a major craving for strawberry's recently but wasn't completely satisfied with the punnet(?) I'd picked up from Sainsbury's so decided to chuck em on me nails too!

What do ya think? Not making ya hungry like it did me is it?? ;) I got the idea from the fab Radiant Makeup's blog, she really does some gorguz nail art designs that are not only pretty but simple too, perfick for eejits like yours truly to attempt!! So thanks for the inspiration hun! I used my usual Barry M 3 in 1 for basecoat, then for the 1st step painted the whole nail in a lovely polish from the 'Wet n Wild Wild Shine' range in Red Red. I got this polish from my gorguz girl Vonnie in our recent makeup swap! Big hugs & kisses to ya my lovely blogger pal-y from the windy city! :D I am totally loving these Wet n Wild polishes, application is an absolute dream with a great brush applicator, plus it dries pronto! Am thinking I need more of these for sure :) 

After the nails were an apt shade of red reminiscent to that of lovely ripe strawberry's, next step was some white dots for the seeds. For this I just used a simple white polish from the Natural Collection range at Boots that cost me a bank breaking £1.89!! ;) Plus an ickle bobby pins tip to dot on some seeds!
  I think I may do the dots a tad smaller next time though as my lovely Uncle commented on them & asked why my strawberry's had mould on them, was I trying to create a realistic effect???.......MEN! *rolls eyes* Someone even thought they looked like toadstools which I guess they kinda do! lol!
Finally to add a little greenery to my strawberry's I used a Barry M nail paint in Spring Green which is a really lovely, vibrant creamy green. 

Just place 3 dots on the tips & use the brush to create leaves & bobs your uncle you're done! The element of bling came in the form of Barry M's awesome Hologram polish on the ring fingers. I finally managed to nab one of these after my inner magpie had been lusting for it big time but was sold out everywhere! But it found its way to moi :)
Hologram is a clear polish jam packed with lovely, big, chunky holographic glitters! Disco! I only applied two coats which looking at the pics now don't think was enough, three'd about do it! I only stuck with two though because I anticipated that as pretty as the holo is, it would be a bit of an arse to remove which was true! Had to scrub scrub scrub away at it rather, but it hasn't put me off though! Still love! So hope you like the Strawberry Bling NOTD lovelies!
Speaking of bling, I just have to share with y'all the polishes that I am currently lemming after soooooo badly! Seriously, am in actual physical pain with the strength of my need for these in my life...you can tell I'm not one for over dramatising things huh? Nail Addicts Anonymous....? ;) But ladies are these just not the most fabulous looking polishes you have ever seen?
                                  left to right - Happy Birthday, Boom Boom Pow & Bad Romance
                                                                          Across the Universe
                                                                            Today was a Fairytale
I am of course talking about the fabulous new Deborah Lippmann polishes which I first stumbled across, only recently, on the lovely May Loves Makeup blog, since then its been lust at first sight. They are all just stunning & I want them all! Sadly however, I suffered a near seizure when I saw the price tag that went with these little gems....starting at £16!! Oh my! Now I'm someone who feels they're being super extravagant & really pushing the boat out when spending a tenner on nail polishes! I dunno, am I being a major el cheapo?? But to me that is a hefty price for a bottle of polish *sob!* So am currently having major debates with myself as to whether I should take that step & purchase...the halo-ed angel on my right shoulder chants 'save, save, save!' whilst the cheeky pitchforked devil on my left says 'pisht! Sod saving you pansy & BUY!!' So that explains the slight strain on my left hand side these past few weeks :/ I think I know who's winning. But judging from all the lovely swatches I've seen, I'm sure they won't disappoint, so next time I'm in London town (just so happens to be next week, coinciding quite nicely with pay day actually...) I may just find myself leaving with if not all, then at least one of these baby's! 
Have you tried Deborah Lippmann polishes? Which ones your favorite? What are y'all wearing on your nails at the mo? Thanks for reading me lovelies! Until next time, ciao bellas!

 Lotsa love,

34 comments:

  1. Your nails look delish! Thanks for the info on how to do this,i might paint my nails like this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look amazing! I'm deffo going to try this :)

    http://lowri-youcantputyourarmsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh these are so cute!

    Amazing nail art :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Livia - Thanks hun! Aww you're welcome, so glad you love it too! Let me know if you try it too! :) xoxo

    @Lowri - Hey Lowri, thanks so much! Oh yes deffo go for it! xoxo

    @Sarah - Thanks Sarah :) I think I'm making progress with this whole nail art business! Lol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an adorable manicure!!!! i love it :D glad that you are enjoying your haul my love :)

    i am totally with you on those deborrah nail polishes, so glitzy and gorgeous. NEED them in my life

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the first pic Hologram looks like it is tiny diamonds!I really love all your manis girl!I haven't tried any Lippmanns but I have tried a Happy Birthday dupe.It's sooooo pretty!
    I have Ciate and a glittery top coat on my fingernails and Pink fizz by Models Own on my toes. I looove glitter :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vonnie - thanks my lovely fairy godblogger ;) lol! Oh yes, you can be sure I'm enjoying all your lovely goodies muchly! Mwah! I know, the DL polishes are stunning aren't they??! Hopefully shall be the owner of one soon...! xoxo

    @Ria - awww why thank you so much Miss Ria! Lol, I know! Really loved the effect with the flash so that's why I kept the pic! Oooh that Happy Birthday dupe sounds veeeery interesting! I really love Ciate nail polishes but don't actually have any in my collection! :( If you like sparkles & glitter you should check out Models Own Champagne?? Booootiful! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. the strawberry theme is so cute <3!!! i like barry m nail polishes too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such long lovely slender fingers no wonder you like bling you have the perfect hand for it.

    For some reason this mani reminds me of The Wizard of Oz I haven't figured out why what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jennifer - Heya Jen! Thank you lovely :) Oh I know, absolutely adore Barry M polishes, so affordable & such great colours & quality too, you can't go wrong! xoxo

    @Annabella - Awww thanks Annabella, you're such a sweetheart! :) Haha lol really?!?! Wizard of Oz? That's interesting indeed hun, hmm I'm not sure! Could it be the elements of red & sparkles like Dorothy's shoes?? Lol! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did such an amazing job on perfecting strawberry nails! I wish my hand was steady enough to do them! And that Barry M green is one of my favourite polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Sherin - Thanks so much Sherin! That's so nice of you! Haha, believe me my hand is NOT the steadiest either, just hoped for the best! Lol! The Barry M really is lovely I agree :) Such a gorguz, creamy green :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nails look beautiful :)I wish I was a little it better at nail art. Following you :)

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ur nails look amaziiing hun wish i could do mines like that xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Saimese - thanks so much hun, I'm glad you like it! xoxo

    @Mehvish - thanks my lovely! Aww you should deffo give it a go, trust me if I can, then anybody can do it! Lol! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the mention :)
    I love how these look with the super sparkly nail - gorgeous contrast!! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ForeverMissVnaity - Aww thanks so much for following sweetheart! And for your lovely comment :) Oh do give it a go, I'm useless when it comes to nail art but this wasn't so bad! xoxo

    @RadiantMakeup - Aww you're welcome me lovely! Thanks so much for creating such fab designs! :) Lol, I'm so glad you like the bling too! :)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh how i miss the drugstores in UK - they've got great stuff - Barry M, sleek, collection 2000 (for their concealer LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute manicure, I love it <3 I wonder if I could do that too :)

    http://thedollhousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Jennifer - Oh did you used to live in the UK hun?! Had no idea! :D I've heard about Collection 200 concealer, must check it out! And of course agree with ya on the Sleek & Barry M....LOVE! :D xoxo

    @Summer - Hi Summer! Aw thank you so much darling, yes deffo do give it a go! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. oOoo i love it!! im gonna have to try this out! lovely nail art!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love love!!! You have to do my nails one day ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Aly - hello Aly, thanks for the lovely comment hun! So glad you like it, hope you do give it a go! xoxo

    @Masuma - oh why thank you my sweety! ;)Lol, sure of course I'll do my best but no promises lovely! This may be a case of beginners luck! ;) lol! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. you have mad nail skills, missy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Daniela - aww thank you so much sweets! :D Hope you're keeping well hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I been waiting for months to do strawberry nails.. When Wimbledon comes around ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is so cute! I love strawberries, I'll have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Shortiee31 - hey darling! Haha yes, they would look fab for Wimbledon! Now if only the weather would sort itself out! ;) xoxo

    @VintageMakeup - thanks lovely! Hehe me too ;) let me know if ya give it a go! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. @HollyArabella - aww thanks lovely, so glad you like! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is such a cute mani

    m new follower i would love if u follow back
    http://saharawans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. @saharawan - thank you huny :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is soooooo cute, thank you so much for sharing your link on my blog ^_^ I think you did an amazing job with these :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo