2.19.2011

A Twist of Lime…OOTD and FOTD :)

Ello ello my lovelies, hope you’re all good & well. How nice was it of the Sun to make an extremely brief appearance last week? Well clearly it’s not ready to grace us with its appearance just yet, as it has taken solace in the clouds once again & we are back to our good old British combo of wind, cold & rain. But I’m not too bothered about it today as I’m currently taking part in a total veg out fest whilst working on my pharmacy modules (& blogging!) involving warm blankets, good tv & plenty of nom nom munch stuff, so it'll be a miracle if I venture out of my room let alone the house! But after a majorly hectic week at work, plus a visit to good old London town yesterday with the matey, some zone out time is perfick! :)
Anyhoo’s despite the current bout of dreary weather we’ve been having, I thought that I would at least start ‘thinking’ Spring, seeing as the reality won’t be happening anytime soon by the looks of it & introduce a pop of colour in to my life via clothes & makeup….why not? So whilst browsing through the wardrobe, my eyes were drawn to a particularly vivid lime colored cardigan I picked up in the NEXT sale last year that hadn’t had an outing yet. The reason for this is almost certainly because of the bright shade of it, not really something I tend to go for, however I loved the design & shape of the cardi with its winged sleeves & petite buttons, hence why I grabbed it in the sales! So out it came & after dusting it off I teamed it with a black polo neck & my slouchy black velvet pants which are uber comfy & also a NEXT purchase. After throwing on a few accessories in the form of a long bead necklace & earrings I was good to go! Have to say the wearing bright lime green wasn’t quite the crisis situation I’d imagined & even received a few compliments from others, so am thinking of perhaps introducing more bright colors into my wardrobe? I did really like the outfit altogether so the cardi need not worry, it won’t be shoved to the back of the wardrobe again :-/ 
Seeing as I was on a roll with the bright lime cardi, I wanted to do a suitably bright makeup look with it but not too OTT & I remembered the Maxfactor Smoky Eye Effect doubled ended eye shadow pencil I received free in a gift bag, in the shade Citrus Thunder that I had yet to try out. 

 Like I mentioned it’s a creamy eye shadow in pencil form with two sides, Step one is applied all over the lid & Step 2 into the crease & blended out to create a quick & easy smoky eye. The Step one shade in Citrus Thunder is a lovely lime colour which looks a lot brighter than it is. I applied this all over the whole lid, then to add dimension I applied on top of it the olive green shade from the No.7 palette I also received not too long ago. 
I used the 2nd color in this lovely palette
Then using the Step 2 side of the pencil which is a lovely coppery bronze color, I applied this in to the crease & just blended out with my fingers. The two colors surprisingly go quite well together I think & the copper shade stops the lime from being too bright. I’ll deffo be interested in picking up a couple more of these in other shades as they are super easy to use & apply. To finish I just applied MAC Blacktrack along the upper lash line, lined the waterline with Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in Noir & added a few coats of mascara to the lashes :)
So that’s it dolls, hope you like! Must say, wearing bright colors does make ya feel a tad more cheery :)  Do you like to reach for the brighter shades in this dreary weather? If so what colors are you loving right now? Thanks for taking the time to read honeybees! Mwah!

Lotsa love & hugs!

13 comments:

  1. That cardi is really nice and your makeup looks gorgeous! I really wish spring/summer would hurry up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shameera - aww thank you my lovely :) and yes I know! Really wish Spring would get a move on! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteee! Love the colour of your cardi! I need a shalwaar kameez like that for a mehndi! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sana - thank you sweety pie! It's deffo grown on me that's for sure ;) Lol, really?? You should make a trip down to good old Southall ;) I'm sure they have lots of gorguz outfits, there's always so much to choose from! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the whole look! great job :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cardi is sooo pretty!
    And I'm so jealous of your eyes!They're gorgeous and you're sooo talented and make them even more gorgeous.
    What lipstick do you have on?It's awesome!
    Much love!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vonnie - thank you sweetpea! xoxo

    @Ria - Lol, aww you're so very sweet huny, thank you so much! :) And hehe I'm wearing my HG Body Shop Yes, Yes, Yes lip butter, love it! Its fab to wear alone or with lippie :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting more and more excited for Spring. I can't wait for it to come! I love that MaxFactor eye set. The colours look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sherin - Me too girl! Can't wait to bring the summer wardrobe out :) Aww thanks darling! Those pencils are great, deffo want more. Hope you're well, loving the LFW posts :) bet you're having a ball! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the top :) such a gorgeous colour, and the makeup is amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Steph - aww thank you my lovely!! Lol, this colour has seriously grown on me! Deffo need more brights in my life :) Hope you're good hun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you've come up with aysha you know the mf eye pen with no7 shadows...ingenius....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Nilufar - you're such a sweety, thank you darling! So glad you like! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo