1.16.2011

Do Anything You Wanna Do…Just Don’t Step On My Pink Suede Shoes. A Tickled Pink Themed Post…Why Not? :)

Hey there cherubs! Hope you’re all well & having a lovely weekend :) What’s everyone been up to? So y’all are probably wondering about the slightly weird title of this post? There are shoes involved…but more on that later. Now who doesn’t mind a bit o’ pink every now & again? I certainly don’t, there’s just something about this pretty shade that puts a cheer to ones disposition no matter how dull a day, so I thought I would just share with y’all the few elements of pink in my life at the mo…
Soap & Glory Hand Food – if you’re a regular follower of my blog you will know all about my obsession with this delicious hand cream. Well the love affair continues! Not only does it smell so simply scrumptious that you just wanna gobble it up, but this luxurious cream leaves my hands feeling baby soft & moisturised, without none of that greasiness regularly associated with thick creams. And its pink! I just love the pretty eye-catching packaging, with its hint of retro-ness, it would certainly make you wanna stop & have a closer peek at the array products on offer :)
Pic taken fro Google Images
Pink pinkies – I went to get the locks trimmed the other day as they were in dire need of a cut & whilst there I saw on the counter a bowl filled with nail polishes. I was obviously drawn immediately to these so went to have a closer peek & noticed they were a foreign brand called Venezia that my hairdresser had bought back from Lebanon! Always one for trying new things I picked up a bottle for the shocking price of….50p! Ha-ha you know me, I do love me a bargain buy! I’ve been on the hunt for a while now for a pretty pink polish after seeing this gorguz manicure that the amazingly talented ‘Chelle’ from Cosmetic Cupcake had done & this colour caught my eye immediately as it’s almost the exact same shade! Yay! Now I didn’t really have high hopes for this polish, seeing as how much I paid for it but have to say I am pleasantly surprised! The formula is lovely & smooth, no gloopiness whatsoever & application was a doddle in just two coats! I also used the fab 3in1 Barry M base/topcoat which gave it a lovely glossy finish.

I just couldn’t stop looking at them all day, reminded me of bubble-gum! :) One thing I should mention though dolls, I applied a coat of Sally Hansen’s Maximum Growth in the evening & this DID loosen up the formula a bit, so I had to wait a while, flapping my hands like a maniac for it to dry again. But that’s no biggie for me, may pop back to the salon actually to see if there are any left! I also had err a bit of a Barry M fix (cough!) & also picked up a coupla shades that I've wanted for a while, Black Red & Raspberry. I've seen these on a few blogs & loved, so of course they had to be in my possession! Black red is a stunning deep red that can be perfect if your feeling a grungy look coming on but don't wanna opt for black & Raspberry is a gorguz deep fuschia/magenta. Both look totally yummy & can't wait to use em!
And finally on to the shoes that were so blatantly referred to in the title…no I have not joined an Elvis Presley fan club, but ever since picking up what is definitely my bargain buy of the century, just cannot seem to get the damned song outta my head. They are not blue however but a beautiful, gorguz pink! I suppose now would be a good time to show you my new shoesies?? One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go cat go! 
"SIGH!" Aren't they just prettyfull? And look! Did I mention they were pink?? Okay I may possibly be having a case of mild 'overthetop-ness'...apologies dolls. But I'm in love! These glorious bootsies & I found each other at the French Connection Sale that was on recently. Thank you to my aunts for dragging me in otherwise I wouldn't have these in my life & what a catastrophe that would be. The major plus point however has to be the price, I managed to nab these lovelies for 30 squids! Cut down from £120 I'd say that was a bargain to top bargains! The tight-ass cheapskate within is nodding its head in approval...I tried them on in store, did a few struts & they seem uber comfy too, but I guess the real test will be when I take them out for a night on the town. Speaking of, I have absolutely NO idea what I'm gonna wear them with as I've just realised I have a rather limited selection of pink clothing in my closet, but for now I'm happy to just admire them from a distance until that time comes....I know....I'm pathetic ;) haha!
Anyhoos that's all for now darlins, What colours are you loving at the mo? Are you a fan of the pink tones? Whats your most favourite pair of shoes? Thanks for reading sweetpeas, mwah!

Lotsa rosy pink love,




15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shoes indeed, I'mloving the nail polish color I need to get back into pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pink is a superior colour! i buy pink accessories, like nail polish and purses, but never wear the colour...oddd xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the nail polish, such a happy pink! :0 and i'm looooovin the shoes. such a pretty soft pastel pink! i want some like these now. I've been leaning towards pink nail polishes a lot. bubblegum pinks, "Rani" pink, fuchsia... they are so vivid and brighten up dreary days! other than that i love purple, well the royal deep winey- grapey purple..well any purple, I'm a sucker for it! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much ladies! :)

    @HellnotesforBeauty - it really is a lovely shade hun, have no idea why I kept away from pink nail polish for so long! xoxo

    @danniekate - haha lol! Know what you mean darl, after the euphoria from buying the shoes had passed, I realised I hardly have any pink clothes! lol! no regrets tho ;) xoxo

    @Chatterpants - aww I agree! Pink can deffo brighten up a dull day ;) Next stop...pink lippie I think! Ooo I just love the deep shades too, you should get the Barry M Black Red hun! You'll love it :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with those shoes - what a great bargain! Pink is defo the best :)

    http://www.look-flyingmonkeys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @LookFlyingMonkeys - thank you hun! hehe deffo bargain buy of the century, am so happy with them! need more pink in my life :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the polish really looks like a good dupe for the pink I had!! It looks fab on you Aysh. And what a steal too! You gotta love bargain finds. I luuuuurve pink hehe.

    Thank you for the mention too, it's much appreciated =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jazzy E - thanks hun, I'm loving it! :) xoxo

    @'chelle - Haha thanks hun! I am a bona fide bargain hunter :) After seeing that gorguz pink on you I've been hunting like mad for a dupe & found it! Was deffo a "hallelujah" moment :) And your most welcome darling, keep up the fabulousness!! mwah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink nails look so good. I'm wearing purple nails today :)

    Oh, I'm in love with those shoes. They are gorgeous!! I'm officially jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That nail polish on the hands is amazing! I really like that color a lot. Those shoes are gorgeous too!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @HiFashion - thanks doll! haha that's funny as I'm wearing purple clothes! lol! Aww I know, aren't they puuuuurrrty??? Can't wait to wear them :) xoxo

    @AmericanMakeup - thank you so much, it applied really well as well so may hunt down some more :) Hmm...I think I should start up a fanpage for these shoes...lol! thanks again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    I've given you an award on my blog, come and check it out! :)

    http://www.look-flyingmonkeys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. @LookFlyingMonkeys - aww thank you so much sweety! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo