- Body Shops Hemp Hand Protector - Fab. This cream had recently taken a bit of a back seat ever since I discovered & started my love affair with Soap & Glory's Hand Food. But "shock horror!" I'd left my supply at work & I have back ups for this all over the place but could not find one! :( But I guess it was a blessing in disguise as I re-discovered this! I'll be honest, the smell does take a bit of getting used as it is a tad strong, to me anyway, but as I was so bunged up I didn't really notice! It sinks right into the skin, with no sticky or greasy residue & especially kept my cuticles lovely & moisturised :) And the price at £5 is not bad at all, so am glad to have found this again.
|Pic taken from google images|
- Nando's Peri Chicken - hehe, the nando's fix definitely helped! Isn't it said that chilli has medicinal properties too? On one of the days, my mums lovely brothers & sisters took us out for a meal. Never one to turn down Nando's, I made myself get out of the bed & trot on down to the restaurant hoping I wouldn't frighten any of the other diners with my appearance :| trust me it wasn't pretty, but hell was it worth it! And I seriously felt better after, so I've been munching on the piri piri like its going out of fashion. Extra Hot if you please! ;)
- McDonald's Hot Chocolate & Costa's Gingerbread Latte - they say you should drink plenty of fluids when your ill so that's what I did! I've not come across a better hot choc than Maccy D's, they just seem yummier than other coffee shop ones, especially with a handful of baby marshmallows thrown in! yum! Thank god for the drive-thru! Hope I didn't freak any of the staff out, I'm sure they wondered who the hell was this girl, donned in scarf, hat, gloves, coat AND sunglasses who kept driving thru on a daily basis!! Only wish Costa had drive-thru :( maybe I should write to them & suggest it? I'm loving all the festive flavoured lattes they bring out this time of year, gingerbread, caramel, egg-nogg oh my!
- Lush Bubbles! - one of my favourite things is a nice long soak in the tub, I guess that's why I love winter so much! So obviously when I was all bunged up, I treated myself to some gorguz Lush bubbles in the evening before bed :) Made me sleep better too. I love trying out different ones but my current fav is deffo The Comforter, creates a yummy blackcurranty soaking delight!
- Batiste Original Dry Shampoo & Body Shops Vitamin E Face Mist - the face mist was a firm fav of mine during summer as it did the job of keeping me cool & refreshed at work as well as setting make up. So whilst stuck in bed this was lovely for just spritzing on all over the face to keep my skin hydrated & moisturised. I'm quite lucky with my hair, as I only really need to wash it once a week, but last week in bed it was beginning to feel a bit "blah!" So I just sprayed a bit of Batiste Dry Shampoo through it & have to say was quite impressed! It has a lovely citrusy fresh smell, but not in a cheap cleaning product type of way! Anyway, it definitely left my hair feeling clean & revived.
- A bit o' Literature - I am a huge bookworm! There's nothing I love more than a good book & I'll confess that I am a lover of the romantic novel :) My fav authors include Louise Bagshawe, Sandra Brown, Fiona Walker & Rachel Gibson to name but a few!! Obviously being stuck in bed created a perfect opportunity for a spot of reading. I was given these two by my aunt & friend. The 1st one is two novels in one & written by Georgette Heyer, 'These Old Shades' & 'Devils Cub'. Its a romance set in Jane Austen times & just transports you back to a time when women where treated how they should be!! lol! Loved it! The 2nd one was something a bit different to what I normally read, 'Child 44' by Tom Rob Smith, a thriller set during the Cold War. Had to admit that when given this was very sceptical about liking but oh my gosh it had me gripped! Finished it in 2 days flat. Definately recommend to fellow bookworms out there :)
- Finally...Youtube!! - hahaha, lets just say its incredible the things you can find on this glorious site! Not only movies, drama's etc. Lovely Tali, from The Gloss Goss has recently got me addicted to watching stupid & hilarious videos! Great if your in need of cheering up, which I deffo was. Here's one I wanted to share with you guys, literally had me crying & in pain from laughter! Lets just say, this is the episode of Postman Pat they didn't let you watch as a kid... ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arau05NlQFI
Lotsa smooches & snuggles!