11.24.2010

Comforts, remedies & favourites during thy week of hell...

Helloooo pumpkins!!! How the devil are ya'll? Hope everyones had a good few weeks, ooh how I wish I could say so!! Apologies my lovelies for distinct lack of posts, I've been really enjoying this new part of my life :) but I've a reason! As mentioned I am only just recovering from this horrible flu, the bugger hit me hard this time, its been over week & am still coughing like an old man with a packet a day smoking habit but thankfully am on the mend :) Of course though, when you've had time off work you can always be sure there'll be a lovely big pile of jobs to be done upon your return & with the run up to xmas, everyone tends to go a bit crazy! So for the time being its pretty much been all work & no play :(  But hopefully that will all change soon with the run up to everyones fav time of year! Anyhoos as I was stuck home in bed for the majority of last week, feeling immensely sorry myself, I tried to reach for comforts in any shape or form to make it a tad more bearable. So I just thought I'd share with you a few, hence the title. I'll warn ya, its a bit of a long one! but they deffo helped moi... :)

  • Body Shops Hemp Hand Protector - Fab. This cream had recently taken a bit of a back seat ever since I discovered & started my love affair with Soap & Glory's Hand Food. But "shock horror!" I'd left my supply at work & I have back ups for this all over the place but could not find one! :( But I guess it was a blessing in disguise as I re-discovered this! I'll be honest, the smell does take a bit of getting used as it is a tad strong, to me anyway, but as I was so bunged up I didn't really notice! It sinks right into the skin, with no sticky or greasy residue & especially kept my cuticles lovely & moisturised :) And the price at £5 is not bad at all, so am glad to have found this again.
Pic taken from google images

    • Nando's Peri Chicken - hehe, the nando's fix definitely helped! Isn't it said that chilli has medicinal properties too? On one of the days, my mums lovely brothers & sisters took us out for a meal. Never one to turn down Nando's, I made myself get out of the bed & trot on down to the restaurant hoping I wouldn't frighten any of the other diners with my appearance :| trust me it wasn't pretty, but hell was it worth it! And I seriously felt better after, so I've been munching on the piri piri like its going out of fashion. Extra Hot if you please! ;)
    •  McDonald's Hot Chocolate & Costa's Gingerbread Latte - they say you should drink plenty of fluids when your ill so that's what I did! I've not come across a better hot choc than Maccy D's, they just seem yummier than other coffee shop ones, especially with a handful of baby marshmallows thrown in! yum! Thank god for the drive-thru! Hope I didn't freak any of the staff out, I'm sure they wondered who the hell was this girl, donned in scarf, hat, gloves, coat AND sunglasses who kept driving thru on a daily basis!! Only wish Costa had drive-thru :( maybe I should write to them & suggest it? I'm loving all the festive flavoured lattes they bring out this time of year, gingerbread, caramel, egg-nogg oh my!
    •  Lush Bubbles! - one of my favourite things is a nice long soak in the tub, I guess that's why I love winter so much! So obviously when I was all bunged up, I treated myself to some gorguz Lush bubbles in the evening before bed :) Made me sleep better too. I love trying out different ones but my current fav is deffo The Comforter, creates a yummy blackcurranty soaking delight!
    •  Batiste Original Dry Shampoo & Body Shops Vitamin E Face Mist - the face mist was a firm fav of mine during summer as it did the job of keeping me cool & refreshed at work as well as setting make up. So whilst stuck in bed this was lovely for just spritzing on all over the face to keep my skin hydrated & moisturised. I'm quite lucky with my hair, as I only really need to wash it once a week, but last week in bed it was beginning to feel a bit "blah!" So I just sprayed a bit of Batiste Dry Shampoo through it & have to say was quite impressed! It has a lovely citrusy fresh smell, but not in a cheap cleaning product type of way! Anyway, it definitely left my hair feeling clean & revived.
    •  A bit o' Literature - I am a huge bookworm! There's nothing I love more than a good book & I'll confess that I am a lover of the romantic novel :) My fav authors include Louise Bagshawe, Sandra Brown, Fiona Walker & Rachel Gibson to name but a few!! Obviously being stuck in bed created a perfect opportunity for a spot of reading. I was given these two by my aunt & friend. The 1st one is two novels in one & written by Georgette Heyer, 'These Old Shades' & 'Devils Cub'. Its a romance set in Jane Austen times & just transports you back to a time when women where treated how they should be!! lol! Loved it! The 2nd one was something a bit different to what I normally read, 'Child 44' by Tom Rob Smith, a thriller set during the Cold War. Had to admit that when given this was very sceptical about liking but oh my gosh it had me gripped! Finished it in 2 days flat. Definately recommend to fellow bookworms out there :)
     
    Also my lovely bestie also gave me this big pile of lush magazines to keep me occupied, love you girl! Spent a happy few hours browsing through these gems :)
    • Finally...Youtube!! - hahaha, lets just say its incredible the things you can find on this glorious site! Not only movies, drama's etc. Lovely Tali, from The Gloss Goss has recently got me addicted to watching stupid & hilarious videos! Great if your in need of cheering up, which I deffo was. Here's one I wanted to share with you guys, literally had me crying & in pain from laughter! Lets just say, this is the episode of Postman Pat they didn't let you watch as a kid... ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arau05NlQFI
    So there you have it my darlings! Thats how I managed to get through my week of hell! :)  Sorry if I went on a bit there, I guess thats what happens if you haven't blogged in a while, you just wanna go all out at once! lol! As always thank you so much for reading darlings. Do let me know your thoughts. Always love to hear from y'all :) What are your favourite comforts or remedies when your feeling a bit under the weather??

    Lotsa smooches & snuggles!

    Aysh xoxo

    8 comments:

    1. Aww great post! I love Batiste too I just repurchased this week. You are a Nando's enabler! I am craving peri peri chicken so bad now, love your blog! Gloria x x x

      http://whatgloriaknows.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thankyou huny :) haha I should be a Nando's Ambassador! lol! btw noticed from your comment that I'd spelled Batiste wrong!! :| haha thanks chick! Aww I'm so glad you like my blog luvly :) xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love the festive drinks this time of year too! sooo yummy....pumpkin, eggnog flavor, etc :D I love the holidays!

      I need that hemp hand cream in my life like yesterday! for real, I keep hearing great things about it and so want.

      Vonnie
      http://www.socialitedreams.com/

      ReplyDelete
    4. hehe I know!!! Can you believe, I pigged out on 3 Costa's today! Caramel, Gingerbread AND Eggnog :| My excuse is I needed the breaks to keep me from spending more during shopping trip! ;) Aww yeah hun, the cream is great, really is a hand healer, you should deffo try it. Do you have Body Shop near ya? xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    5. there is a body shop at the mall by me :D I went yesterday, totally should have bought that :-/ I know for next trip!

      Lol, your tummy didn't hurt from all of those goodies at Costas??? I would have been doubled over in pain, lol

      ReplyDelete
    6. hahaha I didn't mention the rocky road bars I had with them did I... ;)twas goood my luvly!! its official..my name is Aysha..& I am a Costaholic. xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    7. okay after reading this post all i can think of is NANDOOOOOOs, i so could use sum of that peri peri sauce. Oookay, i need to stop! and yes some hot chocolate with marshmallows would be lovely at this time. btw the hemp protector, i got it gifted and well though ive heard and read great reviews about it, i found the smell so weird...ummm kinda like medicinal in an over powering yeeesh way! :( i so want to use it though! i put a bit on but i keep washing my hands over n over thinking yikes the smell! God i'm being so paranoid, but it does help quite a lot doesn't it?

      ReplyDelete
    8. @chatterpants - lol yes the smell does take some getting used to, it is a tad strong! But I found the cream to work so amazingly on my dry hands that managed to deal with the smell! :) xoxo

      ReplyDelete

    I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo