10.17.2010

My first FOTD - Arabic Eyes...

Well helloooo darlins! Hope you're all having a fantabulous weekend :) The sky is blue, the sun is shining & I'm.......in bed. Had a bit of a crazy day yesterday so today am having a much needed chillax session with my bed, T.V and laptop :) not forgetting madame kitty at the end of the bed. Anyhoo I thought today would be the day for my 1st FOTD :) I'm not sure how to do this really so I guess I'll just put up the pics & try to explain as best I can on the look I opted for & products used? :) (apologies in advance for retarded poses! Felt really funny taking pics all by my onesie!) So yesterday I was invited to a friend of a friends wedding, it was a lovely Sikh wedding function &  everything from the venue to the ceremonies & the food (very important! lol!) was beautiful & of course the bride and groom looked stunning & so very happy. It was a great party with fab music & dancing in abundance...hence the bed therapy today ;) Of course me being me,every time I have an important function to attend something ALWAYS goes wrong & yesterday was no exception, I was all dolled up and ready to leave but felt a sudden gust of wind up my back, didn't think anything of it until my darling mum pointed out to me that my entire back was showing for the world to see! The zip on my outfit broke! The next few minutes basically consisted of me having a diva drama episode whilst mum attempted to console me. Luckily however, I have a backup outfit that always delivers when I have nothing to wear, so my darling mummy whipped it out and speedily ironed it for me in record time, how do they do that? The backup outfit is a red asian churidar pyjama which is basically, tight, skinny silk trousers & knee-length top, & luckily it went the makeup look I had done! Phew! So drama abated I took my now perfectly calm self off to join the celebrations.
I love having a play around & practicing different eye makeup looks & have learned so much from other blogs & youtube tutorials. As I am not really a big fan of lippie because I just don't think it suits me, I always like to go big with the eyes. So anyways here is the look:
A close up of the eyes:

So what do you think? Do you like? Here are the products I used:
* Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-3 used under and over the eyelid and on any trouble parts i.e nose, chin
    * MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC37
    * MAC MSF Natural in Medium Dark
    * Barry M Natural Dazzle Bronzing Powder to contour
    * A light dusting of Victoria Jackson Shimmer powder in Bronze on cheekbones, nose and temple
    * Gold eyeshadow on inner half of lid (I actually used about 3 different ones to get the right gold shade!)
    * Red eyeshadow on the outer half of lid (Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Palette)
    * Black eyeshadow on outer corner and blended out in a V (Coastal Scents Palette)
    * MAC Fluidline Blacktrack on upper lash line
    * Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eyeliner in Noir on water line
    * Natural Collection LashCurl Mascara
    * No.7 lipliner in nude
    * MAC lipstick in Creme D'Nude lightly applied
    * Body Shop Lip Butter YES, YES YES! (love this!)

So my dears, thats my take on an arabic look! You can go as calm or dramatic as you like really. I hope you like it! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions! Thank you so much for reading! Mwah!

Lotsa Love n Hugs, Aysh xoxox

12 comments:

  1. Wish my EOTD's were this good!
    Oh and in response to your comment which you left on my blog... Thank-you! I am definitely an amateur but keep practising :) I got the stones from Viva La Nails - Just google it and it should come up straight away. Thanks again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you so much darling :) yup, will deffo be checking that site out & start a' practisin! Thanks for taking the time to check my blog out sweety ;) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you're sooooooo unbelievably beautiful !!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thankyou hunyyy! I seriously blushed when I saw your comment! lol! (noticed the exclamation marks?) :) Thank you for taking the time to check my blog sweets, it really means a lot. I'm just finding the Labels thing so frustrating!! grrrr It just doesn't come on my blog for some reason! :(

    mwah! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just telling the truth, you're really pretty! :) And you know that a compliment coming from a girl means a lot lol ! ;)

    When you wrote this post, did you add words in the "labels" box?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe thank you again my darlin, your lovely :) Oh my gosh, I haven't done that for any of my posts...could THAT be why?!?!?! :/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's propably why! lol ! Try to edit for example this post and add labels like "arabic eyes" , "FOTD" or anything you want! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ......I feel like I should be wearing a hat with a huge D on it :| hahahaha!! I'm on it deary!! Thankyou sooo much! lol! Hopefully the next time you check my blog it will have a lovely side bar just for Labels! :)
    Lotsa luv! mwah! (god bless the exclamation mark....)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayyyyy I can see labels now!!!! ;) See?? It was really easy! ;) Btw I love your background! :)

    LOOOOL God bless the exclamation marks, all of them LOL!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahahaha!!! Woohoo! Knew I'd get there in the end. Thnx a billion my darlin!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ;) mwah! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo